You can type here any text you want

fiberglass bumpers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
... there is no phony impact strip or bumper guards molded into it. Because no matter what, they always look like crap.
Hey Joey…be careful…you know that "The Man" has the ones on the "Pumpkin" with what you call the phoney impact strip!…If he sees this, he'll kick your a** ! :ROFLMAO:…'cause there's nothing "phoney" about that car!
Seriously, even though I already bought some fiberglass bumper fillers I would have liked to see GNS's one-piece bumpers/air dams "in person" installed on a car 'cause I'm having mine painted this coming winter and they might have been a better improvement.

Claude. :D

Last edited:
Hey Joey…be careful…you know that "The Man" has the ones on the "Pumpkin" with what you call the phoney impact strip!…If he sees this, he'll kick your a** ! :ROFLMAO:…'cause there's nothing "phoney" about that car!
Seriously, even though I already bought some fiberglass bumper fillers I would have liked to see GNS's one-piece bumpers/air dams "in person" installed on a car 'cause I'm having mine painted this coming winter and they might have been a better improvement.

Claude. :D
If I was painting my whole car like you are, I think I would get the GNS one piece filler/bumpers. Because even if they aren't quite what you expect them to be, the body man should be able to work with them along with the rest of the car to get them just right. On the other hand, if your not getting a full paint job, it could become a messy job on a car that is for the most part already a "finished product".

Go for it! Besides, you and I both, have played guinea pig before. I think it's your turn.

If I was painting my whole car like you are, I think I would get the GNS one piece filler/bumpers. Because even if they aren't quite what you expect them to be, the body man should be able to work with them along with the rest of the car to get them just right. On the other hand, if your not getting a full paint job, it could become a messy job on a car that is for the most part already a "finished product".

Go for it! Besides, you and I both, have played guinea pig before. I think it's your turn.
My car will be getting a full paint job….but I won't buy these one piece bumpers/fillers unless I see them installed on a car and of course if I like them. One of my concerns is how they are held on to the car. Are they bolted to the body only or do they use the factory bumper mounts?…
Like I said in my previous post, I bought some very nice fiberglass fillers (from "Spoolfool") so unless I see the ones from GNS, I'll be using the ones I already have.

Claude.;)

My car will be getting a full paint job….but I won't buy these one piece bumpers/fillers unless I see them installed on a car and of course if I like them. One of my concerns is how they are held on to the car. Are they bolted to the body only or do they use the factory bumper mounts?…
Like I said in my previous post, I bought some very nice fiberglass fillers (from "Spoolfool") so unless I see the ones from GNS, I'll be using the ones I already have.

Claude.;)
Damn! I was hoping you would get them first. That's my best chance of seeing them in person.;)
I believe you would probably feel the same way I do about the molded in air-dam though. But on your car it wouldn't be so bad. Because your car is black.

However, my car is silver and If I had no real separation of the dam from the bumper, then where do I paint the line? Also I noticed were the grill space is there is no return to the inside on the edge. This would leave an unfinished zone at the gap between the grill and the opening. This would read loudly as "unfinished over-site" on a silver car. The OE and Fool's bumper filler both provide this return to give a more finished look.

God is in the details.

PS- Jack knows I hated his bumpers from day one. That's OK though. Because he puts his greasy fingerprints all over my polished aluminum every time he gets the chance.......Just because he knows it makes me go NUTS!!!!!!!! :wtf::facepalm:

Claude.;)
Damn! I was hoping you would get them first. That's my best chance of seeing them in person.;)
I believe you would probably feel the same way I do about the molded in air-dam though. But on your car it wouldn't be so bad. Because your car is black.

However, my car is silver and If I had no real separation of the dam from the bumper, then where do I paint the line? Also I noticed were the grill space is there is no return to the inside on the edge. This would leave an unfinished zone at the gap between the grill and the opening. This would read loudly as "unfinished over-site" on a silver car. The OE and Fool's bumper filler both provide this return to give a more finished look.

God is in the details.

PS- Jack knows I hated his bumpers from day one. That's OK though. Because he puts his greasy fingerprints all over my polished aluminum every time he gets the chance.......Just because he knows it makes me go NUTS!!!!!!!! :wtf::facepalm:

Joey, I'm not sure what you mean by not having a "return" …but it made me wonder about another detail: By looking at the pictures, how do you put some fuel in the car if there is a large flat piece of fiberglass that blocks off the fuel door?
The more I look at the pictures, the more I think that the parts which Scot posted in the pictures (here:http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/one-piece-fiberglass-bumper-fillers-air-dam.433718/) look like unfinished "prototypes" which need more tweaking to make them right. There are some details which look like they have been overlooked like the "return" you talked about earlier, the flat piece which blocks access to the gas tank's filler neck and also the air dam which to me seems much too wide…:rolleyes:

Claude.

Joey, I'm not sure what you mean by not having a "return" …but it made me wonder about another detail: By looking at the pictures, how do you put some fuel in the car if there is a large flat piece of fiberglass that blocks off the fuel door?
The more I look at the pictures, the more I think that the parts which Scot posted in the pictures (here:http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/one-piece-fiberglass-bumper-fillers-air-dam.433718/) look like unfinished "prototypes" which need more tweaking to make them right. There are some details which look like they have been overlooked like the "return" you talked about earlier, the flat piece which blocks access to the gas tank's filler neck and also the air dam which to me seems much too wide…:rolleyes:

Claude.
Claude,

Look at the gap designed into the top of the front bumper to receive the grill. Now look at the left side. See how it is paper thin? It doesn't have a width to it. This is the area I'm talking about. It needs to return back into the opening. This gives that area a finished look that would meet properly with the header panel above.

As far as the rear goes......I don't have a problem with the back panel behind the license plate. That could be cut. But for me, it wouldn't matter at all. I have a fuel cell in the trunk.:D

Back