You can type here any text you want

final lift of cam

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

49-blues

What would be the final lift of a cam with a .587 lift using 1.65 ratio roller rockers?

Just multiply the lobe lift x rocker ratio to get the actual valve lift.

My hyd roller is .548 with 1.55 rockers and .584 with 1.65's

Don't forget to subtract the lash adjustment if using solid lifters.

What would be the final lift of a cam with a .587 lift using 1.65 ratio roller rockers?

Just wondering;
Why would you want that much lift, Ass-U-M-ing this is on a V6 Buick motor?

Just wondering;
Why would you want that much lift, Ass-U-M-ing this is on a V6 Buick motor?

I could see it if he was running a solid roller... but a hyd roller may create valve float problems with that much lift... That's the whole reason I took the 1.65 rockers off my motor and went back to 1.55's.

This would be on a stage 2 4.1 274 cu in motor with gn-1 heads-224/224 roller cam. i figured it to be about .625 using 1.55 as a reference point or .675 using 1.50 ratio as a reference point. this cam is a custom grind that had already been in a street driven 6109 block but was too much for the 3.8.

This would be on a stage 2 4.1 274 cu in motor with gn-1 heads-224/224 roller cam. i figured it to be about .625 using 1.55 as a reference point or .675 using 1.50 ratio as a reference point. this cam is a custom grind that had already been in a street driven 6109 block but was too much for the 3.8.

It looks like its a very aggressive cam. Solid? If not forget it. You really need a cam that will work with your combo. If it was mine id run more duration and spread the lobes out as much as possible and keep the lift around .600. If your not going to be throwing a lot of boost and rpm at it and gear it properly it will be a waste.

Thanks for all the advice. Bison does having the lobe seperation at 112 help at all. ?

I could see it if he was running a solid roller... but a hyd roller may create valve float problems with that much lift... That's the whole reason I took the 1.65 rockers off my motor and went back to 1.55's.

Ok, thanks. I now understand the OP's question. :)
Thought the OP was looking at a 0.968 lift set-up . . . . and turbogray nailed it.

Thanks for all the advice. Bison does having the lobe seperation at 112 help at all. ?
I would have to see the cam card to know if the cam will work well or not.

Back