Finally free from wearing eyeglasses!

whitehot1

I had cataract surgery done on my right eye on 16 Nov. I had zero vision in that eye before the operation and now I have 20/20 vision.

I went this past Monday 12 Dec. and had the cataract surgery done on my left eye. I went in Tues 13 Dec. and they removed the patch from my eye and gave me an eye exam. The results were 20/20 vision in the left eye also.

I drove for the first time today without having to wear glasses. And i must say it was awesome!! (y)

I had cataract surgery done on my right eye on 16 Nov. I had zero vision in that eye before the operation and now I have 20/20 vision.

I went this past Monday 12 Dec. and had the cataract surgery done on my left eye. I went in Tues 13 Dec. and they removed the patch from my eye and gave me an eye exam. The results were 20/20 vision in the left eye also.

I drove for the first time today without having to wear glasses. And i must say it was awesome!! (y)

Hey that's great. Need the same thing,however my eyes are like my nuts don't want any knife near them. May I ask how old are you, if not that's ok, thanks for sharing

My bud had both done.. Vision is great. Just his depth perception is totally fubar. He refuses to wear glasses, to correct this. Kinda scary to ride w/ him.

Hey that's great. Need the same thing,however my eyes are like my nuts don't want any knife near them. May I ask how old are you, if not that's ok, thanks for sharing

Yes it is great! I didn't think i would ever see out of the right eye again. It is amazing what they are able to do these days.

I was awake during the whole operation and the Dr. was talking to me as he worked. When he finished, he told me he was done. And i said "I can see"! He said "you can see" ? I said yes. The next thing i knew he was putting a patch over my eye as fast as he could and tapeing it up. I was thinking, wasn't that the whole idea for the operation for me to see?

His nurse explained to me later that the reason he put the patch over my eye was because the meds that was used on my eye to keep it from blinking during the operation would cause it to dry out.

I am 59 and have worn glasses since i was 12. But not any more.

Just had one done day before Thanksgiving. Second one will be right after Christmas. I went with near sight, as that is what I've always had. No glasses for reading or using my phone, like now. Will still need glasses to drive, but that's OK. I'm used to that. Would be wearing sunglasses anyway. My fixed eye is as if I'm looking thru a magnifying glass. Super detailed (like HD). That was the vision I had lost, and wanted again. Hopefully the second eye goes just as well.

Just had one done day before Thanksgiving. Second one will be right after Christmas. I went with near sight, as that is what I've always had. No glasses for reading or using my phone, like now. Will still need glasses to drive, but that's OK. I'm used to that. Would be wearing sunglasses anyway. My fixed eye is as if I'm looking thru a magnifying glass. Super detailed (like HD). That was the vision I had lost, and wanted again. Hopefully the second eye goes just as well.

Congrats on your new vision! I went with the far sight for distance. I will need reading glasses for near sight though. It's a trade off for the vision I have now but i'm ok with it, since i won't need to wear them as much for normal sight.

Your second operation should be as great as the first one.

Congrats on your new vision! I went with the far sight for distance. I will need reading glasses for near sight though. It's a trade off for the vision I have now but i'm ok with it, since i won't need to wear them as much for normal sight.

Your second operation should be as great as the first one.

Thanks !!
Most people go the way you did. I just always had great vision for detail, and I wanted that back.

I went and had my drivers license renewed today. First time with a photo of me without glasses on it and no restrictions. Pretty cool stuff for my age. lol

Last edited:

I had the same thing done to my eyes also....I was 68 years old this past September when I had the operations on both eyes.....don't hesitate....DO IT! It'll be one of the greatest blessings you've experienced in your life! Bar none.

I was losing vision in my eyes, and didn't even realize that I saw the world in a yellow tint....didn't even know I had cataracts until this terrific eye-ball-o-tologist tested me. Now everything is so bright, white, crystal clear!!! All of the time, too!!!

Sure, I was a little pussy scared dork......no one likes the thought of an eyeball being sliced and diced.... it was scary the first time, and NO PAIN at all! Awesome. You'll be a little nervous at the time of the operation, but they give you an IV with some "stuff" in it to relax you. (Royal Purple feel good fluid, I think) Boy, that stuff worked great! I had to be driven home, as I was relaxed as I could be.......

The only drawback is taking eyedrops every day for weeks, but this is to numb the eye before your operation, then clear up any germs, infections, etc. afterwards.

The reward of all of this? Amazing 20/20 vision 24 hours a day! No glasses. Only need reading glasses to read or see close up....a 2 1/2 power works....you can get four of them for under $10 through eBay.

Best move I've ever made....sure, I whined, bitched, cried, kicked tires, etc. but it's the greatest thing ever for me other than meeting and marrying the girl of my dreams, Shirley.

Only wish there was something that could be done with my deafness that was a simple as this cataract surgery.......

Go do it! I swear you'll never regret it and see the world in a whole, new, brighter light, so clearer and sharp!
I don't have to buy expensive prescription sunglasses anymore, either....just normal Ray Bans and Randolph Engineering Classics....no prescriptions needed at all.

I couldn't be happier with both of my operations last September....waking up in the morning, seeing all the woods and trees out the windows so clear, birds, deer, snakes, ticks, flies, etc. is just great....I still catch myself reaching for my glasses to remove, not realizing that this perfect vision is what I'll have for the rest of my life.

Go for it, Ray! You'll be so glad you did. I would not recommend this to you, my friend, if all of this were not true.

Now I'm 69 years old and can see like a cat at night, and perfect all of the time....can read small print so easy from so far away.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Only wish there was something that could be done with my deafness that was a simple as this cataract surgery.......

You can say that again, brother !
The huge field of crickets in my ear (fortunately only one) and almost complete loss of hearing in that ear is a real pain. Three audiologists say surgery will fix it, two surgeons say they can't help me. :/

Everything you said about the cataracts is true. Still recovering from second surgery, but so far so good.

I had the same thing done to my eyes also....I was 68 years old this past September when I had the operations on both eyes.....don't hesitate....DO IT! It'll be one of the greatest blessings you've experienced in your life! Bar none.

I was losing vision in my eyes, and didn't even realize that I saw the world in a yellow tint....didn't even know I had cataracts until this terrific eye-ball-o-tologist tested me. Now everything is so bright, white, crystal clear!!! All of the time, too!!!

Sure, I was a little pussy scared dork......no one likes the thought of an eyeball being sliced and diced.... it was scary the first time, and NO PAIN at all! Awesome. You'll be a little nervous at the time of the operation, but they give you an IV with some "stuff" in it to relax you. (Royal Purple feel good fluid, I think) Boy, that stuff worked great! I had to be driven home, as I was relaxed as I could be.......

The only drawback is taking eyedrops every day for weeks, but this is to numb the eye before your operation, then clear up any germs, infections, etc. afterwards.

The reward of all of this? Amazing 20/20 vision 24 hours a day! No glasses. Only need reading glasses to read or see close up....a 2 1/2 power works....you can get four of them for under $10 through eBay.

Best move I've ever made....sure, I whined, bitched, cried, kicked tires, etc. but it's the greatest thing ever for me other than meeting and marrying the girl of my dreams, Shirley.

Go do it! I swear you'll never regret it and see the world in a whole, new, brighter light, so clearer and sharp!
I don't have to buy expensive prescription sunglasses anymore, either....just normal Ray Bans and Randolph Engineering Classics....no prescriptions needed at all.

I couldn't be happier with both of my operations last September....waking up in the morning, seeing all the woods and trees out the windows so clear, birds, deer, snakes, ticks, flies, etc. is just great....I still catch myself reaching for my glasses to remove, not realizing that this perfect vision is what I'll have for the rest of my life.

Go for it, Ray! You'll be so glad you did. I would not recommend this to you, my friend, if all of this were not true.

Now I'm 69 years old and can see like a cat at night, and perfect all of the time....can read small print so easy from so far away.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Gosh can't see can't hear, let's take a minute to talk about can't pee. Oh went to the Dr about that one, they give you pills then after a while they don't work any more. Then they say we will stick a laser up your pee hole and rotor rooter your dick out and you will pee rainbows again. However if your not real careful you will get scars and they have to do it again. My father had this done years ago. I will get my eyes fix don't want to hear anything anyway and my dick is going to stay in my pants

I have excellent hearing. When i'm driving down the street here in town and if there is a car in the lane next to me and they have the window down and talking, I can hear their conversation. Whether i want to or not. lol

Knock on wood that it stays this way.

I have excellent hearing. When i'm driving down the street here in town and if there is a car in the lane next to me and they have the window down and talking, I can hear their conversation. Whether i want to or not. lol

Knock on wood that it stays this way.

You have no idea how fortunate you are, man. That is hard for me to believe, really. I'd give a lot to have this experience! Count your blessings. My only blessing is I can TURN OFF any crap I'm hearing, like bitching, whining, complaining, screaming, boring talk (like my own) and all of that. But still, I know it must be great to be able to hear like that.....

So that's another reason why I put my '65 Fender Bandmaster with two D120f speakers right around the number 8 or 9 mark on the volume knob.......but when the cops come....well,,,,,I play deaf and dumb!!

Bruce '87 Grand National

Gosh can't see can't hear, let's take a minute to talk about can't pee. Oh went to the Dr about that one, they give you pills then after a while they don't work any more. Then they say we will stick a laser up your pee hole and rotor rooter your dick out and you will pee rainbows again. However if your not real careful you will get scars and they have to do it again. My father had this done years ago. I will get my eyes fix don't want to hear anything anyway and my dick is going to stay in my pants

You are lucky.....I've had my penis reamed with a little camera! Two years ago I was losing blood out of it, and had to go get checked for bladder cancer. (my Dad had it) Of course, I had a FEMALE nurse, (sigh) and she whipped me out like a pro, then proceeded to numb me up, but NOT like a REAL PRO would, just using some kind of lotion and a big ol' 10 foot needle.....ah, jeez, well.......the doc came in and I told him that he just missed his nurse running to the phone to call Genesis Book of World Records to report the world's smallest penis!!!!

Yeah, shouldn't have said that....as it took him about 10 minutes to compose himself.......so, in it went, this three D movie camera and I watched all on a big screen! It did NOT feel too comfortable and I HATE anyone touching me down there except for my wife.......Jeez, what an experience, but it was better than having cancer.....they found nothing, thank the good Lord. He did ram that thing all the way INTO my bladder, but, as I said, this was better than having cancer....as you know, that's a BAD thing to have. Better to be uncomfortable for a little than fighting that dreaded disease.

Source of my bleeding? No one could tell. And none since then. (Knock on turbocharger) The doctor did tell me that stress could have caused it.....well, I guess that was it.....my loving Mom was dying at the time, and my wife and I were about wore out taking care of her....was very hard on us, very. A very LONG and sad year for us......so trying, but one knows true love during a crisis like that....Mom found out who really loved her and I'm glad it was my wife and I.

So, it might be a good thing to pee rainbows rather than have an unseen cancer cell in there......just saying and hope you'll be ok.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Last edited:
You can say that again, brother !
The huge field of crickets in my ear (fortunately only one) and almost complete loss of hearing in that ear is a real pain. Three audiologists say surgery will fix it, two surgeons say they can't help me. :/

Everything you said about the cataracts is true. Still recovering from second surgery, but so far so good.

You'll do fine with your recovery....isn't that an amazing thing now days? Count us lucky we live in these times. As far as your hearing, I don't know what to tell you....I CAN help you by telling you how to LOSE it: Get the measles, that's how I did it at 7 years old.

I truly think you should keep searching for an ear surgeon who knows how to really solve your problem....it's not impossible......surgery will fix it, two surgeons can't....well, I was told I couldn't beat a Corvette with a Grand National, but did it anyway! So you see, nothing is impossible....all you have to do is work hard in finding the right people like I found the right car! (hmm.....a psychiatrist I am not!)

Bruce '87 Grand National

I'm 51 now and the eye doc told me last year I had the beginning of cataracts. She asked me if I had noticed halos around oncoming headlights. I didn't think so but since she said that, guess what? Anyway, she said hopefully it will be at least 10 years before I have to think about surgery. Need glasses now but getting along with just readers for close up.

Want to talk about hearing? What do you say to someone after 10 years in the field artillery? No, really. What did you say? I couldn't hear you. I guess it doesn't matter what you say, as long as you say it loud. Actually, my hearing is not that bad. I'm sure I've lost some of the ends of the range but I have no problems with hearing conversations.

Do have some other issues such as grout (what my wife calls it) and such but Ah, the joys of getting older. :D
As far as the other topic discussed, thankfully no need for rotor rooter just yet. :eek:

I'm 51 now and the eye doc told me last year I had the beginning of cataracts. She asked me if I had noticed halos around oncoming headlights. I didn't think so but since she said that, guess what? Anyway, she said hopefully it will be at least 10 years before I have to think about surgery. Need glasses now but getting along with just readers for close up.

Want to talk about hearing? What do you say to someone after 10 years in the field artillery? No, really. What did you say? I couldn't hear you. I guess it doesn't matter what you say, as long as you say it loud. Actually, my hearing is not that bad. I'm sure I've lost some of the ends of the range but I have no problems with hearing conversations.

Do have some other issues such as grout (what my wife calls it) and such but Ah, the joys of getting older. :D
As far as the other topic discussed, thankfully no need for rotor rooter just yet. :eek:

Cool! Love loud noises! Love loud exhaust on the street...love loud guns, another reason I bought a .44 magnum! I envy your time with field artillery! Man, I would have LOVED that, no kidding.

Well, I'm falling apart now....age has finally caught up with me....and I'm not at all ready to accept it....my orthopedic surgeon who just injected me with some stuff in my lower back two weeks ago also diagnosed the reason for my constant limping and excruciating pain in my right hip, down my leg.....the x-ray showed arthritis has eaten away the lining between the hip bone and socket....nothing there but bone! No wonder! Said I need a total hip replacement! He said therapy or walking with a cane will NOT solve the problem......I researched hip replacements, and not too thrilled at all with the procedure, though it is an amazing advance in medicines/surgeries.....all depends on finding the RIGHT hip replacement surgeon. Oh, Jeez! Even though I'm going to this doctor later today, I know he'll remind me that I need this operation. I hope to only get a shot of something in my hip like he did with my lower back....that shot got rid of all the awful pain I've been having for over a decade.....though I did wreck it up yesterday taking my wife shopping, lifting, loading, unloading all the stuff we got...set the lower back pain up to a 7 on the pain scale....but I could hardly get in or out of the Jeep today....the hip was on a 10 on the pain scale.....very, very wary of this operation...would be out six weeks! There's no way I can let my wife do all the heavy duty stuff that is done around this place.....has caused me to loose a lot of sleep......

It's only getting worse for me.......replacing the ball joints on my other Jeep has been killing me.

Bruce '87 Grand Nattional

Want to tell you guys how my loss of hearing can really make me stupid!!!

I had taken apart my '88 Jeep steering column to tighten up the tilt star bolts on it, as it failed inspection for being just a little loose.......took half of the dash apart to get to the turn signal wiring connector, and right up to the pivot pins on the steering column....could not find the damn "pivot pin removal tool" in my tool set....bun of a sitch!!! A buddy had borrowed it years ago! Well, I went ahead and tightened just two of the star bolts, the other two will have to wait until I get this tool from Amazon.

So, after putting the dash and all the 1,000 pieces of the steering column back together (and boy was I in pain!) I tested all the lights, switches, turn signals, etc. to make sure I got it back together correctly, when I turned on the ignition switch, I heard this "urrrrrrp! Urrrrrrr! Urrrrrrrp! Urrrrrrr!" I had no idea what in hell was that sound! Since I can't at all tell which direction the sound was coming from, I guessed it was from the alarm system, or under the dash! I searched everywhere under the hood, under the dash, under the front axle! "Urrrrrrrp! Urrrrrrp! Urrrrrrrrrp! Urrrrrrp! :eek:

Oh, jeez, I was frantic! What in hell did I do now to screw this all up? After another wild goose chase trying to figure out and find this problem, I went into the house from the garage to ask my loving Shirley if she'll come out and locate this sound for me!:eek:

Sure! She said.:rolleyes:

I told her listen hard when I turn on the ignition and tell me where that damn sound is coming from!!!! I turned it on! "Urrrrrrp! Urrrrrrp! Urrrrrrp! Urrrrrrp!" She quickly looked towards the back of the Jeep! I said, "Why in hell are you looking back there for? The sound is up here! Look here! Look here!":mad:

She grabbed my hand, led me to the back of the Jeep.......and I saw it: "Urrrrrrrp" Urrrrrrrp" Urrrrrrp" It was the damn bun of a sitch rear window wiper scraping on the rear window! "Urrrrrrp" Urrrrrrrp". Ah for crap's sake!:eek:

I ran to the dash area and saw that I accidentally had turned one the rear wiper switch as I was reassembling the dash board.:banghead:

My wife was doing her best to stifle, or "control" her emotions on this, but......in an act of love, she couldn't hold back: "Bwaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahah!!!!!!! Oh Lord, Bruce, you are a trip! But I sure do love you!"

And YOU got bad ears? HA!!!

Bruce '87 Grand National

My mother-in-law had hip replacement surgery a little over 10 years ago. She said it was one of the best things she could have done as far as the pain goes. The only problem is those things wear out too. She has recently started having a few twinges again. I told her we could just put in a grease fitting and be able to keep her going a few more years with it. I guess just think about it as replacing your ball joints (no, not those type of balls for the immature readers of this thread :rolleyes:)

BTW, my wife would have laughed her butt off at me too.