You can type here any text you want

Finally GM is doing something right....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I don't like the pontiac version either, but the saturn version looks good. I think the point of the article is that its putting a 2.0 liter 260 hp TURBOCHARGED engine in them. That is exciting news. Alky injection, adjustable wastegate and you're looking at some serious horspower out of a domestic 4 banger!

It should SCREAM when properly massaged !! My daughter lives in Germany where the Opel Speedster has been out for a while now, there are kids getting well north of 300hp on their 104 octane and some fuel/timing management !!

yea, the general cut my retiree pension by 720.00 per year , they wanted to give their hot shots a raise, oc,,x gm employee :eek:

Two thumbs up. I admire anything that was designed with putting a smile on your face when you take it for a ride. There are companyies offering LS2 swaps in these already.

lieu910 said:
There are companyies offering LS2 swaps in these already.

Not only a LS2, but for a mere $46,000 upgrade will bring you a 600HP supercharged LS2 in that Solstice from Mallett.

Mallett Solstice

I like the Saturn version better too, but I still think that this is one of the more interesting cars to come out of GM in awhile (excluding the new Z06 of course). They had four of those Ecotec 4-cylinders running out at Bonneville this year (HHR, Cobalt, Deuce roadster and a Bellytanker) so there is definately some room for more power in that motor.

I'm just glad I wasn't the only one who's first thought was "more boost!"

interesting. does look like a miata but i like the fact that gm is doing forced induction. it's supposed to be a stout little motor, they make the engine blocks and heads where i was born, got to take a plant tour.

For the amount of money these cars will be going for once first released one might save alot of money by purchasing a 2 year old solstice and putting a higher horsepower motor into it.

I will be stuffing a turbo buick motor in one when i find one cheap!

BW

Coming from a guy that hate the WRX,That Miata is G A Y.......I will take a WRX any day over that GM crap,better yet give me a Chrysler 300 SRT8...

My buddy works for Mallet and they sold 80 Solstices last week. They also had the dude that invented the little giant ladder come and buy a 1000HP Solstice with a blown 427 and all the goodies with show quality paint for 180000 :eek:

Back