FINALLY Got The GN Out.........

TacticalGN

Cleaned it up a few weeks ago, took her for a ride this morning. It's simply unbelievable how much attention a clean GN gets from the masses! Stopped at a busy gas station for some fresh gas and had three guys come up to me to talk about the car. Then got a few more 'thumbs up's' on the way home. And the best part, NO ONE called it a monte carlo!! Pic from last summer.
GN Driveway Pic.jpg

looks nice. miles on car and where in ct? monday should be a good driving day.

108k, but looks more like 30k. Same under the car too. I'm in north central CT. I'm looking forward to hitting Marks and some smaller cruise nights. I heard the Vernon cruise at the old game room on RT30 is a pretty good Friday cruise night.

saw a gn at hooters in wethersfield one friday night but never saw the owner. nice show there also

Went to that show a few times. But that was with my old 87 T. Haven't taken the GN there yet. She's been off the road the last couple years due to work requirements and well, just not having time to enjoy it. But now that I work a few less hours (well maybe more then a few) I WILL be enjoying it more.

hello people; I just got my 86T out yesterday. 04/30/20 Newton Mass. checking in.
IBBY
Got any pics IBBY?? Since we can't go to a cruise night yet due to this BS virus, maybe we can at least see each others pride and joys!!

Blue w/ 60/40 split power bench and column shifter.

Your's is pretty, too. Love your moniker!
Always thought the white/blue cars were the best possible combo. And yours is a lightweight for sure! I use to own a 87 T lightweight 3320lbs with me in it with a half tank of gas. That car flew with VERY few options. Is yours a factory G80 car? Most of the low option TR's I've come across over the years didn't have the G80 option. Just curious......

Yes, it's a G80 car. A few years ago, Dennis Kirban did a contest for the most optioned and least optioned cars out there. He told me mine was the 2nd least optioned car he knew of. Crank windows, too. She's a Stripper alright, and a fast one, to boot. :cool:

It's got Eaton 3:42's in it now.

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Well with Nick and Lou helping with the tune, I bet it's fast! And yea, that thing has the fewest options I've seen on a Turbo Regal. That car was ordered that way, as dealers always tacked on the options when ordering them themselves. Someone wanted a fast sleeper.......

Well with Nick and Lou helping with the tune, I bet it's fast! And yea, that thing has the fewest options I've seen on a Turbo Regal. That car was ordered that way, as dealers always tacked on the options when ordering them themselves. Someone wanted a fast sleeper.......

I have researched this car extensively. It has a really strange, but very cool connection to my past. Check out Whats the most memorable comment about your TR..., post 133. (Someone should bring that post back from the dead!)

It was originally sold to a Military guy from Fort Huachuca, in southeast AZ, supposedly for his wife. Yeah, right. He put some REALLY ugly "custom" 80's style bronze and blue paint stripe effects on the bottom of it. REALLY ugly!

He had it for 20 some years and then it bounced around to 2 or 3 owners until Ralph Vasquez bought it and then sold it to Lou. Lou made Ralph paint it before he would buy it. It was THAT bad.

Lou lovingly brought the car back to PERFECTLY stock condition. Then he sold it to me.

From there, the story of this little TR is well documented here.

I'll admit, I'm in very good hands. :cool:

Last edited:
It's the car furthest to the right........... Lou is the tall guy second from the right, Ralph is standing behind him in the blue/black jacket.

I believe that's the day the day they agreed to the purchase deal. I had NO idea who either of them were back then. :)

I bought the car in April of 2011.

What a ride it's been......

1588298601225.png

Last edited:
Just read the old post (post 133). That's pretty damn cool. I guess that car was just destined to be yours. It's kinda funny, my 1st TR was my 87 T I talked about earlier, then I purchased my GN in 2003. As for the paint job when Lou bought it, well I can see why he wanted it changed, LOL! I've heard nothing but good things about Lou, never met him as I'm in New England and he's 3000 miles away. I'm sure you will never part with that car, not after all that history. You right about bringing that post back, and now that the board is in good hands again, perhaps some of the pics will return in time. All right, I thought about it, i'm gonna bring that back into 2020!!! Here's a pic of my old 87 T....
IM000214.jpg

Lou is the man.

Damn, That T is just PURDY, too. LOVE the chrome package, I tell ya !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friggin' COOL about the thread. I'm anxious to hear your stories......and others. It's been a long time.

1588303427794.png

We're WAITING...............

Last edited:
Already posted on the other thread. Can't wait to here some more, although yours will probably be hard to beat for sure..........;)

IT's BAAAAAAACK!. I think it's going to be a hit! Come on guy's, pile on!

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Thank you!