Finally made it to the dragstrip w/the 3800 II turbo Fiero...

Darth Fiero

3800 Series II Turbo
3800turbo1279.jpg

(12.79 @ 106.6mph; 1.90 60')

13 lbs boost
100 octane (93 pump + additive)

85 degrees F
75% humidity

Not bad for a bone stock engine and only head porting. I can't wait until I upgrade the cam and intercooler!

Real impressive time. I'm tellin' ya, it's still on my list of things I wouldn't mind doing.

How fast do you think it would have done without the turbo?

Are you rowing gears?

Originally posted by gn85
Real impressive time. I'm tellin' ya, it's still on my list of things I wouldn't mind doing.

How fast do you think it would have done without the turbo?

Are you rowing gears?

I had the natuarally asperated 3800 series II in my Fiero before I did the turbo and it ran a 14.5 in the 1/4 with the same transmission. I have done one 3800 Series I Supercharged engine in a Fiero and it ran a 13.9 in the 1/4 with a 3 speed auto trans. We have since upgraded that trans to a 4T60-E 4spd auto and better gearing and I can honestly say it picked up a couple tenths. Probably a 13.7 or 13.6.

I did a Supercharged 3800 Series II / 4T60-E in a Fiero recently and stock engine with 3.4 pulley, exhaust, and K&N filter feels like it is capable of running a low 13 sec 1/4 mile. Other people with similar Fieros and mods are running 13.4's and such and the fastest L67 Fiero runs mid to low 11's without an intercooler.

I just wanted to do a turbo so I could be a little different. Besides that, I have worked with the TR for some time now and realize just how much easier and cheaper it is to build power using a turbo rather than using a supercharger or V8. Consider that my engine is stock and that I am using a very small intercooler. I can predict mid to low 12s on PUMP GAS with a cam and IC upgrade.