You can type here any text you want

Finally made my decision

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Johnnie

Finally decide to bite the bullet and start ordering upgrade parts. Even though my powermaster is still working ok, I fear that someday it won't. So, the first thing is the vacuum brake conversion. Since I am not a good scrounger, I am going to order the complete kit from kirban's and save some time and potential headaches. In reading the many posts about this conversion, there seems to be some issues with rebuilt boosters. I see that a rebuilt booster is supplied in the kit. Anyone used this kit from them? And as far as a long term evaluation of vacuum brakes, those that have made the swap years ago are you still happy with it?
Thanks in advance, Johnnie

I've been running a vacuum system (M/C, booster and pedal) that I pulled from an '86 Monte SS since '96.
Very solid pedal, brakes well for stock calipers and rotors.
I hooked the vacuum hose from the booster up to a tee I installed above the PCV valve to keep it more hidden. I've read on here that using the vacuum block connection produces more vacuum for more power assist, but mine feels like a normal vacuum brake set up, meaning the pedal is not hard to push.
I filed, sanded and somewhat polished the M/C as well. I am still happy with the set up.

image.jpeg

Back