You can type here any text you want

Finished up my LS1 rear disc brakes

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JDSfastGN

I now have about 400 miles on the rear disc and all I can say is that its night and day. It was fairly easy to install with the hardest part being the cutting of the mounting flange. Also thanks to TKGN1 for providing the parking brake components. Here are some pics. Ill take some better ones later but i took these quickly so the car is filthy. The rotors are EBC dimpled and slotted.
Picture408.jpg

Picture405.jpg

Picture410.jpg

Picture412.jpg

Looks great. Does anyone make a kit yet for the conversion? The Baer kits are a little steep for my wallet. If only...

I now have about 400 miles on the rear disc and all I can say is that its night and day. It was fairly easy to install with the hardest part being the cutting of the mounting flange. Also thanks to TKGN1 for providing the parking brake components. Here are some pics. Ill take some better ones later but i took these quickly so the car is filthy. The rotors are EBC dimpled and slotted.
Picture408.jpg

Picture405.jpg

Picture410.jpg

Picture412.jpg

Looks good JD, I'm running the same rotors front and rear, they do make a funny clickety sound going down the road but they stop great and look good.
Nice job.
I guess you ended up drilling a new hole for the shock mount, how far over did you have to go to get it to clear?

Looks great. Does anyone make a kit yet for the conversion? The Baer kits are a little steep for my wallet. If only...

Ben, all you need to do the swap is some salvage yard 99-02 f-body calipers, backing plates, rotors, a full Saturday and some simple hand tools. Fairly easy swap other than getting the e-brake to work. Here is a link on how to on the brakes: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/br...wheels/206369-ls1-f-body-rear-brake-swap.html
HTH

is this a kit or did you make it up let me no.

thanks

naw its not a kit. TKGN1 has outlined it pretty well in this post http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/bra...rake-swap.html . Basically I bought a complete rear brake setup from a 98-02 camaro on ebay and then cut the flange and drilled out some bolt holes so that th camaro backing plate would bolt up. After that it was as simple as bolting it all together. It took a full day but was well worth it.

oh yeah i forgot to mention i removed the stock valve and installed an adjustable valve. I T'd the front lines together and then installed the proportioning valve near the stock valves location but only for the rear lines. Finding the correct brass fittings for the valve was probably the biggest PITA of the whole conversion haha. I turned it down about halfway but haven't played with it too much yet.

1Badelky, ill take a pic tomorrow of the shock relocation. It was moved about 1" in board on the mount but should still be at the correct angle to where it can pivot.

if you don't want to screw around with trying to find the proper adapters and T fittings to get rid of the stock prop vavle, you can just gut the stock prop valve and make it into a distribution block, and then just plumb a $35 Wilwood adjustable valve in the rear line after it. this way keeps the brake light fully functional, and makes for a more stealthy and stock looking installation, if that's what turns your crank.
i don't know all the details of how to do it- so don't send me a bunch of PM's asking how to do it- but i have read about it being done before. just do some searching in this and other forums (Pro-Touring.com ,etc) to see what you can find.

ok here is the pic of the shock location. Im sure its not ideal but it is working for now. And yes the car is filthy underneith (but its my daily 75% of year) and my parents ranch is on a clay/dirt road:frown: i loaded the other picture even though my memory card is faulty but you get the idea.
c48322ca.jpg

55a11297.jpg

Bringing this up from the dead. Does anyone sell the bracket needed for e break yet?

Back