You can type here any text you want

First kill (well sorta) this summer

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

whitehot1

I was sitting at a traffic light when this fourth generation black T/A pulls up beside me and when the light turned green he took off like he wanted to race. He must not have been from here because if he was he would have known the police parking garage entrance and exit is on this street,haha,so i let him go this time. He tried the same aggressive take off at the next 3 traffic lights that we caught and each time i left him like he was sitting still before we got through the intersection and i got about 5 car lengths on him and i would hit the brakes to let him catch up. I wonder if he liked my 3rd brakelight display it says "justav6". I was just out to check the tune of the car and not really looking to race or embarrass anyone. But i couldn't help myself, he just thought he was mr.cool the way he had his hand out the window and was flipping the ashes off his cigarette with his fingernail at the light. Oh yeah, my car takes off at idle from a stop like flipping the light switch to turn your lights on,lol. Do you think he will tell anyone about getting beat by a gray bearded old man driving an old buick?

Nice kill. Have you gone out to tri state or edgewater to get some times yet? Last time we talked you showed up with your hoist to help drop in my motor.

Nice kill. Have you gone out to tri state or edgewater to get some times yet? Last time we talked you showed up with your hoist to help drop in my motor.

Hi Mike,

I have seen you on the board but didn't realize it was you, with the name change.

No i haven't been to any tracks with this new engine. I'm getting a bit to old for turning wrenches and pulling / installing engines, so i'm taking it easy on this one so it will last so i don't have to do that again anytime soon.

Did you get the stroker engine sorted out and running? If so how does it run?

I was able to get in some low boost passes and determined my hobbs switch doesn't appear to be activating the second pump. Two passes off the footbrake, 11.6 and 11.5 @ 125 and change both times. I was a 100% dc so I have some fueling issues to figure out. Glad to hear your tr is keeping the peace. Got a long way to go to catch up with gallo visioso (sp) !!

I was able to get in some low boost passes and determined my hobbs switch doesn't appear to be activating the second pump. Two passes off the footbrake, 11.6 and 11.5 @ 125 and change both times. I was a 100% dc so I have some fueling issues to figure out. Glad to hear your tr is keeping the peace. Got a long way to go to catch up with gallo visioso (sp) !!

Mike,
Glad to hear you got the engine up and running.
What was your 60' on those runs? What size injectors are you using, and what fuel 93 pump gas or racing fuel?
Napa used to sell hobbs switches, they may still do if you need one.

Nice killing... Get used to it..
Thank you, c n avoid87

I have owned a few turbo regals ever since 1987. With the first being a new 1987 GN and you wouldn't believe the type of cars and trucks and other things that have tried to race with me,lol.

Mike,
Glad to hear you got the engine up and running.
What was your 60' on those runs? What size injectors are you using, and what fuel 93 pump gas or racing fuel?
Napa used to sell hobbs switches, they may still do if you need one.

The 60 ft was a pavement buckling 2.06 for both runs. It pushes through the brakes and my drag radials are more than 5 years old and not the greatest at hooking up anymore. A new set has been ordered.

Both runs were at 17 lbs of boost. I switched to e85 awhile back. Getting ready to upgrade the feed and return line soon. Going through the stock lines right now.

The 60 ft was a pavement buckling 2.06 for both runs. It pushes through the brakes and my drag radials are more than 5 years old and not the greatest at hooking up anymore. A new set has been ordered.

Both runs were at 17 lbs of boost. I switched to e85 awhile back. Getting ready to upgrade the feed and return line soon. Going through the stock lines right now.

You must be running some big injectors to use straight e85. I use a mixture of e85 and 93 octane because i only have 60 lb injectors but the engine likes it. My afr at wot is 10.2 and my idle afr is 17.5

Do you use a wide band and scanmaster to tune your car?

Running 120 lb injectors and probably should've went to 160's but I'll see how far I can go on these.

I'm running a Gen 7 for engine management. Once I get the fuel issue sorted out, I'll turn up th wick and see what it'll do.

Back