You can type here any text you want

First races with the new motor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cool 84

Got hotair?
I finally got a couple actual runs. Nothing fast but I have it at 8psi for break-in so I was a little handicapped myself. First was a friend's 98 Mustang GT. It wasn't really a race. Instead of stalling it up off the line, I decided to see how it would do just punching it from idle. He left first and I punched it. I stayed even for a second but surprisingly the T-66 spooled very fast and I pulled many carlengths before I shut it down at the top of second. Next was a friend's CL55 Brabus Mercedes. We went from a 20mph roll. My car didn't downshift but with the 3,600 stall convertor, it didn't bog at all. I put about 3 cars on him before I shut it down around 65mph. All in all it wasn't bad. Nothing fast but I was impressed for 8psi.

hey good kill, just wondering if u have a fmic or anything,if u seen the discovery channel where they used hot airs,the show cobbled an intercooler for them. i never seen one for sale anywhere just curious

I have a Ford Powerstroke intercooler, I made the plumbing myself. My car went 14.0@100mph with no intercooler and less than $150 in mods. I don't know what was wrong with the hotairs in that show.

Originally posted by cool 84
I have a Ford Powerstroke intercooler, I made the plumbing myself. My car went 14.0@100mph with no intercooler and less than $150 in mods. I don't know what was wrong with the hotairs in that show.

I'm sure it was the drivers, I finally got to see the show Friday, The guys that won didn't know what a Christmas tree or what a turbo was, let alone know how to drive a turbo Buick!!

i agree on that response. you wouldnt see hot rod tv or foose tv show or any, boyd. these people had no clue how to do anything and they had a time period in order for the cars to run. get real people who deal with these cars. also cool 84 how big is that i.c, u hafd to cut and fit?

Back