You can type here any text you want

First time running the TB,whats wrong?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

greeneyegi

ran on street tires 17x8.5
didnt get sideways like on street,dont know if it was slippin
ran 24#/91oct/alky/no knock
heres my 3 slips/last run i uncapped the test pipe/lost what little power it had!
i got one powerlog file on third run i put that up too/think its rich/ran tt chip no changes to chip
any help would help

Attachments

• 2012-05-27_first run.jpg
    2012-05-27_first run.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 153
  • 2012-05-27_second.jpg
    2012-05-27_second.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 158
  • 2012-05-27_third.jpg
    2012-05-27_third.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 194
  • QuickSave.003.dat
    QuickSave.003.dat
    99.9 KB · Views: 58
60 foots suck, looks like its time for a converter. You really need a WB on the car so we can really see what the a/f ratio is. As for the log. doesn't look bad IMOP

it looks like he's getting 2500 RPM at a pound or 2, tell us more about the turbo/wastegate/downpipe. You need to get the turbo to spool faster at the launch, as it affects the ET a lot.

What torque converter do you have?

The MPH is a bit low for running 24 psi. Your valve springs original?

Bob

also running out of RPM at the top of the track wonder how much the converter is slipping. Or small tires and wrong rear end gears? also only picking up like 20 at the top end

17" street tires are going to suck for 60's and top out the rpms early if they are too short.

You Spun the Tires...Simplest fix is try set Street/Strip or just get Track only tires for when you go,If not, Stage the car to 3-5 lbs boost on the foot brake,an on the last yellow light on the xmas tree. release the brakes,Roll out, An Then Stab IT,It'll take couple try's to get the timing right between the roll an stabbing it to Hook but your times will greatly improve,You use the boost lag for traction control...8^)... More info on your combination would help to more determine where you should be

Enjoy!

my conv with erter is a 10.5 in pro torque/the downpipe is a new gn1 ss 3in external wg.the car ran 12.59et at 106mph at 17# with slicks in 1995,same everything except tires downpipe and alky/boost.the 60 ft was 1.81 .

i was leaving at 2000rpm no boost .my turbo is a turbonetics cheetah stage 3.any reason it loses so much power on open downpipe?

i was leaving at 2000rpm no boost .my turbo is a turbonetics cheetah stage 3.any reason it loses so much power on open downpipe?

The only reason to drop power with an open dump is if the AFR went lean.

I don't know much about the turbo, but if that is the same turbo since 1995, it is a dinosaur. I wouldn't change it yet... there is plenty of "low hanging fruit" here to pick first. The 60' time improvement is the easiest way to pick up the ET alot. You have nearly 1/2 sec of ET potential to get by lowering that 60' number to a respectable number.

IMHO, you need to be leaving hard on about 5-10 psi for a start... no spinning. Hopefully the RPM's will be 3500+ when you let off the footbrake.

As others suggested, a wideband would help......

Back