You can type here any text you want

First time to the track with the GN

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Scooter3800

rippin sh!t up!
Well, it was my first time out with the GN. I definitely found out that you can't launch over 2lbs on 255/60/15 street tires :o Car loves 110 leaded :D

Started out with a blistering 9.28 @ 78 MPH (2.33 60' time):rolleyes:

Best was a 8.54 @ 87 MPH (1.96 60' time)

This was done with the following: TT chip, 60lb injectors, home made single shot exhaust, K&N filter basically clamped to the end of the MAF, power plate, hot wired walbro, adjustable FPR.

Boost was also at 21lbs but it really wasn't pulling as hard as I though it should, time to replace the 142,000 mile valve springs? Where do I go from here? Time for slicks? Am I about where I should be with this combination?

87 is a tad low MPH, did you try and lock the convertor?

New springs might help out...

I always launched at less than 1 psi running those tires, they do hook if you treat them right :)

BW

what kind of timing does ur chip have? stock turbo? with a nice set of tires im sure youll see a big improvement!

I didn't try to lock the converter, not sure how much I would gain in the 1/8th.

Turbo was stock, and there were no changes made to the 92 octane TT chip, so I probably could have gained some more by increasing the timing....

If your running racegas, then i would definitely increase the low end timing on the car.

Id bet you could get the mph to 89 or 90 with just locking the convertor and adding 2° of timing down low.

BW

Back