Fit an Finish of Cotton i/c

Royal-T-Ltd

of all the guys running the new cotton front mount i/c how… how was the fit? Did you have to hack anything off or move anything? how are the cosmetics - are the pipes mandrel bent and do they hug the bottom of the car or do they hang low like some other front mounts i've seen. Does anybody out there have any photos they can link or email? I've been doing searches and can't find anything.

TIA -Aaron

Don't know about the fit cuz I just gor mine, but the finish is good. The pipes are nice, and yes they are of course mandrel. Just polished them and am going to see how they look brushed. A lot of pipe so ya have to make it look decent. :D I have one pic of the core posted here. It is bigger than it looks in the picture. And it looks honkin large in the picture.

http://community.webshots.com/scrip...D=174445130&photoID=176441140&security=CyQfoU

the fit on mine was perfect! i think its the best intercooler on the market.

Before I install mine, somebody chime in and tell me what the top bolts to. I did not see any existing holes in the support that matched.

Originally posted by disco stu
Before I install mine, somebody chime in and tell me what the top bolts to. I did not see any existing holes in the support that matched.
you have to remove 2 bolts that are already there and the clip nuts and it will fit right there.

Aaron, The fit is generally perfect, like Len said, remove the 2 center bolts in the middle of the rad support that secure the header panel along with the nut inserts. The pipes are mandrel bent, hugging the very bottom of the rad support and cannot be bent if you were to hit something, I use cast alum elbows on the bottom of the IC. Last week at Ohio BPG Nats, one of my boys pulled the big wheely and bottomed out the IC, NO damage!! Cept maybe his rad support. :cool: Any other IC and he would have been done, crushed the bottom of the pipes closed and spending $300.00 plus to replace.

I have had one for 2 years now and have never even scraped the pipes, they tuck up so nice you cant even see them from the front of the car, and it fit right between the headlight buckets perfect,I was also able to tap the elbow and put my air temp sensor in the cold side of the intercooler to keep tabs on my inlet temps in the FAST datalogger.
ANd it looks awesome, most people think its an aluminum radiator cause you dont see the end tanks:D

I also saved the the 35-40 bucks and picked it up:cool: