Fixed WOT problem!

sixgun86gn

six offender
Got my WOT problem fixed.Installed extender chip and trans plus with 3" maf.Wot problemwas still there until I turned the alky all the way up.I thought that would be too much for 16#,which is what the base is on my extender.Funny thing is ,it goes like a bat out of hell with the maf set for a lean idle and 2% lean WOT.O2s are in the low to mid 700s with no knock @ 20#.FP is set to 42# line on at idle.If I advance the base timing withthe trans plus and retard it back out at WOT it bucks and backfires,so im guessing the chip timing is perfect.It is set for 23* base and 21*WOT.What should I do to go about getting more boost safely,and get those 02s up?

If you are having to run alky to get it to run correctly with only 16# of boost-not too mention full blast alky-then I think I would start trying to figure out why it apparently so lean.

fuel pump? Hot wired? clean filter? regulator okay? (fuel pressure rising 1# per 1# of boost, kinked/collapsed hoses? etc.

42 line ON???

The common practice is to set the base FP w/ the line off, so that the FP will pull back w/ cruise and idle high vac values, thus keeping the idle and lo/no load running "clean".
Assuming the FPR is working correctly, the 42 line on as a "base" setting amounts to about 46-48 PSI, line off.
I agree w/ what Steve is saying in that there's a problem w/ the fuel system and could be the source of the limited boost and MAX on the alky.
If tuned correctly, the alky should be less than max, the boost at 22 and the timing that what you would see in a race chip.
Is the alky a new version of the SMC?? If not, the nozzle could be too small, [10 vs 15] and the pump pot could be at less than max and the fuse at 20A instead of 30A.

the pump is a walbro 340 that I installed when I got the car last august.The AFPR holds vacuum when I put a pump on it.The FP does go up in proportion to boost on my autometer guage.The fuse in my SMC kit is a 20 amp.I just recieved it about a month ago.Without alky the o2s are higher but the car has KR and stumbles and pops at WOT.The kit is a single nozzle and I dont know if it is the new version or not.Fuel filter is new and so is O2 sensor.

Oh and also the pump has been hotwired and has a KB boost a pump installed as well.The chip instructions call for 98 octane.It is set up for alky,so I think that is why it gets KR without.

Month old SMC

If it's near new kit, then it's the latest design.. Back to the fuel system.
Given the O2's are going up w/out alky and at, I assume, 16# boost, the fuel is short on volume and/or the timing is too much for the octane rating of the fuel.
When you installed the 340, you did away w/ the rubber connector and cut the necked down end off of the outlet tube on the hanger??

Put the FP ga. on the windshield and make a WOT blast.. FP stay w/ the boost rise?? Base FP+boost is what you MUST see. If it's not, then the fuel system needs to be looked at, just like Steve said.;) ;)

fuel pressure does rise with boost.necked down pipe was cut off.I think I found out why the o2s were low.I may have a bad head gasket.There is no coolant in the oil and there are no bubbles in the overflow.I think I may have popped one in the lifter valley at one of the cylinders.There was always a slight ticking in the motor.I just thought it was the roller rockers.It got worse and my oil dipstick blew out under boost.Now I can feel pressure at my breather holes blowing out,and I can hear it if I put a peice of vacuum hose to my ear and listen like for exhaust leaks.Otherwise motor runs fine .oil pressure is good ,temp is good,Vacuum is down though and the oil smells like it has gas mixed in it.