Flowtech Headers Consensus

Save your $$$
You can make good power with stock ones if you're going to buy headers either TA or if you're lucky enough to get yourself a set of ATR's if you can find them

The flowtechs are the old Hooker Headers. There should be more info searching Hooker Headers.

They have larger tubing and a longer path to the turbo creating more turbo lag and making your car slower.

They do flow more than stock headers which is not needed unless you’re running low 9’s or faster, but even at that level T/A race headers or custom headers are you the norm.

Keep your stockers unless they’re beyond repair.

The OEM will crack and crack and crack. I wouldn't bother with 32 year old thousands of times heat cycled cheap metal. TA stock replacements and Swain coat them and your done until 9's.

Nonsense. If you find someone that can actually weld...then they'll last a heckuva long time. 15 years and counting on mine...and 4 million passes.

Has anyone tried Flowtech Headers? Are they ok or Junk for a stock engine?
i dont know, but the stockers will make 9 sec power.the problem is the flanges warp and i got very tired of taking them off and getting them to seal and there is only so many times they can be milled.the ta headers have alot of flange which helps with the warping and can be milled more.if your running 10s and slower i would reweld and slightly mill the stock ones and you will be fine,if you want to step up i like the ta race headers.