Flynbye Front C5 conversion bracket question

I have not. My stock wheels are too small to fit the C5 conversion. When I get wheels big enough, then I will be making them.

I'm having a fabricator friend prototype the caliper brackets for the LS-1 brakes on the S-10 spindle. I got a late model ('00) S-10 2wd Blazer spindle and using 98-02 F-Body calipers and brackets. I just got the steel yesterday. 3/8" 1.5" x 24" hot rolled steel. I'll get them done and maybe have a local machine shop make a few more sets out of stainless or something.

This should be a BOLT IN setup. I'll keep you guys updated.

12" Rotors on the front would be nice, but I ahve a feeling they will not fit stock wheels / 15's. That is the main reason I had to settle for the Blazers.

The 12" rotors won't fit a 15" wheel but they will fit a 16" one. That way you don't have to go with 17" if you want to upgrade. The other nice thing is you go from a 1.1" thick rotor to a 1.25" thick rotor so you have one as thick as most of the pro-touring cars.:)

I dont want to hijack the thread but has anyone ever used a GM 4 piston caliper up front like the ctsv's instead of the c5's?

what mods are being done to the hub to fit the hat style rotor or are parts purchase required they sell the hubs at Flynbye.com but if possible I like to fabricate or build all the parts myself that I can if there is a process do you have any specs

You guys should really talk to Tobin over at Kore3(www.kore3.com) he's got all the brackets you'll ever need and his service is top notch! He's also got the templates you can print out to make sure your wheels will clear.

You guys are right, for some reason I was thinking he was on a B-body spindle. I apoligize for that! Maybe a good time to buy some ATS spindles...

i got a few things i have to do to my car first but im gonna try and do a ctsV caliper/rotor conversion on all four corners. I have yet to call flynbye.com but hopefuly i can use their brackets

i got a few things i have to do to my car first but im gonna try and do a ctsV caliper/rotor conversion on all four corners. I have yet to call flynbye.com but hopefuly i can use their brackets

I looked into doing the ctsv conversion but realized that it wouldn't work with my spindles so the next best option was the c6 zo6 brakes which I hope to have mounted up within a week. I'm jealous though, the CTSV's are made by Brembo and are a better caliper than the PBR corvette brakes. Please keep us updated as I would love to see how it turns out, I'm especially interested in the rears.

Good luck
Paul

whats all needed for a c5 brake conbersion im interested but dont know were to start? any help would be great thxs