Fontana Private Track Rental

Jeff Rand

I just got this and I thought I would pass it along.

Hello Everyone,

It has been a few years since our last private track rental at Auto Club Dragway, and several have been asking when is our next private rental. We were able to get a hold of the new track manager, and we were able to schedule our first private rental for 2011. It will be on a Friday, March 4th.

Although we have done it before, we don't know if there will be enough people interested to go on a week day. Unfortunately, it is no longer economical to rent the track on a weekend due to a significant increase in rental cost. We remember that it was pretty difficult to meet the minimum (80 cars) the last time we organized a private rental, so to make it little easier, we lowered the minimum. In order for the event not to be canceled, we need to a minimum of 50 participants. This will cause the fee per driver/vehicle to slightly increase as well, but we will limit the maximum cars to no more than 70 (used to be 100 cars max). The cost per driver/vehicle is now $130 (used to be $115). Also, in order to limit admin cost, we have to implement a no refund policy, but you still have the option to re-assign your spot to a friend or relative. If the event is canceled due to a forecast of rain, track issues, or if the minimum number of participants wasn't met, we will issue a refund.

Registration is now open (Home), we need to meet the minimum no later than February 24th. Otherwise, the event will be canceled.

Sincerely,
Alternative Motoring
Home

Hey do I need a roll cage during a private rental? I thought I read somewhere I didn't need one if it was a private rental..

Yes.

Hey do I need a roll cage during a private rental? I thought I read somewhere I didn't need one if it was a private rental..

NHRA rules and requirements are in affect. Click on their link for more info.

I'll send you a PM on details.

Mike B.

I will say.

This is the one to go to. Should still be some "good air". Almost unlimited runs, and we'll have the track to our selves. We can bring EZ ups, chairs, BBQs, etc.

Mike Barnard

We will be going. We will take the Benz for sure and most likely take the GN too if it's running good. Should be fun!

FLACO, I wan't a piece of that Benz too. See you there.

Anyone else coming.

Hey:p Victor, def. Bring that GN,that way,you can beat up on your own Benz.

I will be there, but this time keep the C16 away from the bbq. Am trying to fix my car, doing it all by myself (head gaskets):confused:

Well Mary will be driving the Benz and Ill be in the GN. So if we bring both cars we will most likely be running each other heads up! :D And dont get too excited, the Benz weighs about twice as much as your guys GN and its all stock so you guys should win anyways...... now of course if your GN was all stock like the Benz, Im sure it would be a different story! ;):biggrin:

I'll go if my fuel pump ever shows up.:rolleyes:

Cool, put some pressure on the vendor. Time lines are important, especially when there is a track outing with a lot of Turbo Buick showing up. :)

Victor, I expect your Benz to trap around 116-118 mph. That thing is no slouched by any means. Should be a fun outing.

Did you guys pre-register yet? I would do it soon, I've done Alternative Racing in the past and they sell out pretty quick.

Cool, put some pressure on the vendor. Time lines are important, especially when there is a track outing with a lot of Turbo Buick showing up. :)

Victor, I expect your Benz to trap around 116-118 mph. That thing is no slouched by any means. Should be a fun outing.

Did you guys pre-register yet? I would do it soon, I've done Alternative Racing in the past and they sell out pretty quick.

I cant register till Monday. I have to find out when the next ILSMT is going to be. I know its in March but Im waiting to get dates from Lakehurst. Ill let you know tomorrow Ray. I should be lurking by your squadron tomorrow.