Fontana Speedway

Flaco

N/A
Hey I was on thier site checking things out. I have never been there so I was wondering for those that have, Is thier street legal event on may first for all types of cars? I just dont want to show up and be with 9 sec street legal cars.

its for street legal car only..

altho they allow some rather questionable street cars,
I believe 9 flat is supposed to be the max et,
just don't plan on getting very many runs in, as norm is 2-3
registration, ins, and related safety equip is required.

altho they allow some rather questionable street cars,
I believe 9 flat is supposed to be the max et,
just don't plan on getting very many runs in, as norm is 2-3
registration, ins, and related safety equip is required.

Not many runs? is it that packed? As far as safety equipment just a helmet correct. Here at qualcomm they rent them out do they do that at Fontana?

Ran at one of these events there a few months ago. Got in line at 5:00 AM and by 4:30 PM I had gotten in two runs.:redface:

The hot ticket was when they used to do private track rentals. 50 to 100 cars max. everyone put in a hundred bucks and you could run twenty times if you wanted to. They havent done this in quite a while. This used to be the link.

Home

Mike Barnard

Prepare for a total tech inspection, includes colon exam.
License, registration, ins card, snell helmet, no shorts or sandals.
Best to check their web site for rules.
I quit going, 14 hr day for less than 45 sec of fun.

Prepare for a total tech inspection, includes colon exam.
License, registration, ins card, snell helmet, no shorts or sandals.
Best to check their web site for rules.
I quit going, 14 hr day for less than 45 sec of fun.

I think I'm good. Where would I get a snell helmet?

What is this? I was looking at thier rules, just need to get a helmet this weekend and im good to go. I just never heard of this requirement before.

Neutral Safety Switch
All vehicles must be equipped with an operational neutral safety switch. The neutral safety switch prevents the vehicle's starter from turning the engine over unless the transmission is in park or neutral (or unless the clutch pedal is depressed with a manual transmission).

Neutral Safety Switch: All vehicles must be equipped with an operational neutral safety switch. The neutral safety switch prevents the vehicle's starter from turning the engine over unless the transmission is in park or neutral (or unless the clutch pedal is depressed with a manual transmission).

All cars now a days have a Neutral safety, so no worries you GN has one already

Tune (if you are going to or know how to do that) for MPH; don't go for ET as Fontana won't deliver. Odds are that you will be driving into the wind as the day wears on, as you race west-to-east. Helmets can be purchased at either Summit or Jegs; "Snell" is the rating on the helmet denoted by a sticker on the back. Best of luck; Fontana is one of the big reasons I and a couple of the other faster TR guys in our area sold our GN/TRs.

Fontana ought to enforce a strict "No Idiots" policy, as of the 400+ cars that show on a Street Legal Drag day, only 50 or so AREN'T. :mad:

Tune (if you are going to or know how to do that) for MPH; don't go for ET as Fontana won't deliver. Odds are that you will be driving into the wind as the day wears on, as you race west-to-east. Helmets can be purchased at either Summit or Jegs; "Snell" is the rating on the helmet denoted by a sticker on the back. Best of luck; Fontana is one of the big reasons I and a couple of the other faster TR guys in our area sold our GN/TRs.

Fontana ought to enforce a strict "No Idiots" policy, as of the 400+ cars that show on a Street Legal Drag day, only 50 or so AREN'T. :mad:

Damn that bad huh. Im a weekend warrior, I just want to line it up and go. I wont do anything too crazy since ill be a good distance from home and I dont want to break anything.

Also you race uphill and the shut down is downhill.

Search the net, I found some Bell and Simpson retailers in Costa Mesa.