You can type here any text you want

Food for thot??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
Saw this on the Bullet. Looks just like what a stock Vsicks pump/hanger does....

Another bit of "info" on alky inj...Open for "discussion", I'm sure.:D
Rodney, from "Prometh.
There's a few simple formulas you can work with to get a "approximate" jetting target to begin with for different mixtures.

100% water target 10–15% of fuel flow
50/50 mix target 15–20% of fuel flow
100% methanol target 20–25% of fuel flow

If you don't know fuel flow you can do the following.

Horsepower x .75 = CC jetting (pure water)
Horsepower x 1.5 = CC jetting (50/50 mix)

63cc is equal to 1 GPH (630cc is the equivalent of a 10 GPH nozzle)

For example. 1000 horsepower. You would use 750cc pure water or 1500cc 50/50 mix.

I've been setting up water methanol injection systems for a little over 10 years now. Over that time I have set up thousands of new systems over the phone for customers and have helped hundreds of customers with competitors systems. Over the years of doing this I have found many other factors to play a role in how I jet a system. With every order we get for a system we have a spec sheet that we go over with the customer and fill out that we can refer to.

Engine Type and size
Type fuel (diesel, gasoline engine, pump gas racing fuel etc)
Compression
Aluminum or cast iron cylinder head
EFI or carburetor
Naturally aspirated, nitrous, supercharger, turbocharger
How much boost or nitrous
intercooled or non-intercooled
Horsepower/RPM
Type of application (street, strip, towing etc)
Tune Up
Have they hurt parts in the past?
Do they plan on turning it up?

Its during that phone call that I can not only determine their jetting but also how sever of a need they have for a water methanol injection system and what results we want to achieve by running a system. Some people just want to add an extra safety net and some insurance when they are perfectly safe as it is. So I set up the system pretty soft. Others will call and express over the phone they are hurting parts and on the edge with their tune up. MAybe its a grudge car or they race in a class where its very competitive. Its my job to open up the tuning window as much as possible so they can runner as big of a tune up as possible to win. There's a lot that I take into consideration with every system we set up.

Its important to note we also give the customer a range in jetting. Not just one combination or set of nozzles to save money. We send out additional jets so he can go up or down with his jetting. We also stand behind our systems and if the customer jetting isn't correct and not performing as it should.

Thats very interesting. So we should be modding the return line down to the bottom of the hanger I guess.

My billet anodized setup in a stock tank has a return angled out. I think it makes a toilet bowl swirl at low engine use. If I let the tank get too low, it'll start sucking air.

Has me thinking of ppl with bouncing fuel pressure . I'm going to drop my tank now and check it out . I have the racetronixs -8 supply and -6 return hanger and am not sure how it is returning

Thats very interesting. So we should be modding the return line down to the bottom of the hanger I guess.

The stock TB hanger already has the return line going to the bottom of the tank.

For those that use the feed as the return line, the line should be extended to the bottom of the tank.

RemoveBeforeFlight

I'm surprised he didn't mention the need to upgrade the bulkhead and wiring.

How about that baffle tray? Looks solid to me, no way for fuel to get in except the return tube?

We solved this issue for turbo Buicks over a year ago!

Fuel Pump 1.jpg
Fuel Pump 2.jpg

http://arizonagn.com/?page_id=755

Seems like a simple fix for the Ford guys without having to buy there hanger

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

One thing they didn't think of. Under full power the engine is drinking most of the fuel, not returning so much. Around town cruising I see the problem though.

He showed the bubbles... without showing the gauge. Then showed you 46psi... no internal tank view. The video is BS to me because of those "tactics."

I'm surprised he didn't mention the need to upgrade the bulkhead and wiring.

The stock bulkhead and wiring has been 9's in those cars with that small diameter feed and return ..

I can personally vouch for the stock fuel rail going 10.07 @ 141 .. and it is half the size of a TB fuel rail

Back