? for Eric at Turbo Tweak

Fast Farmer

Hey Eric, thank you again for burning me a great chip for my car. Runs great. Zero kr at wot. My question is, is it normal to see 1-2 degrees of kr when you let out of it quickly for just a brief instant, and then goes away? I haven't tried letting out of it slowly to see if it does it then. Your thoughts?

Some cars seem to have that "let off the throttle knock". I believe it's most likely false knock caused from the engine and drivetrain bouncing back to it's original position. However, I've not studied it closely, just a hypothesis.

Hey Eric, thank you again for burning me a great chip for my car. Runs great. Zero kr at wot. My question is, is it normal to see 1-2 degrees of kr when you let out of it quickly for just a brief instant, and then goes away? I haven't tried letting out of it slowly to see if it does it then. Your thoughts?

A good way to know for sure would be to run some race gas and test it again. If it still knocks it is more than likely false knock. If the knocking goes away, then your detonating with pump gas for some reason or another... although you didn't say when the knock occurs (what RPM) during deceleration.