? for professional chassis guys

What would be a fair price for a frame notch on a GN? Drive it in and drive it out....
Are you rolling wheel well lips? Modifying wheel wells?
Or just notch the frame?
MAKE SURE extra reenforcement is included or you will end up
with buckling quarter panels

not exactly sure

but check my posts in for sale section, under frame notch, and you'll see what involved, I'm taking pics as I go, and let me tell you, it aint easy,
maybe for you younger guys, but us seniors................. whew!
still, I can fit up to a 13" wide tire under the fender, is it worth it, YOU BET!

I'm on the southside of Chicago and the going rate for a notch to the seam is around $400 with nothing more. A mini-tub is $800-$1500 depending who does it

oh and if only going to the seam you wont need any additional bracing

I'm on the southside of Chicago and the going rate for a notch to the seam is around $400 with nothing more. A mini-tub is $800-$1500 depending who does it

oh and if only going to the seam you wont need any additional bracing

$400 is a good deal.
Did mine myself and would charge at least if not more than 400 to do it.

WOW!! $400 sounds really cheap. I have a local guy who does great chassis/fab work. He has done about everything except a frame notch so he didnt know what to quote me. He gets $30 an hour labor. I figured it would be $600 at the least, just for the labor.

Im concerned about bracing it properly. It doesnt look like theres enough room under the car with the stock gas tank, exhaust, ect. for any kind of cross bracing. Im not against putting in a fuel cell if its an issue. I just want it to be right.

if you only notch it to the seam you wont need any bracing. If you go beyond that for a maximum effort notch it should be braced.

a notch is simple to do so it doesnt cost much. $30/hr aint bad at all, most shops want $75 and theres no way I'd have them do a job hourly.

take your car up to stevens point wisconsin to furo racecraft, he does excellent work and is a nut about g-bodies. He's got a website too

oh an if $400 sounds cheap it may be because I have around 12 chassis shops with 30 minutes of me and they all compete for business

illegal regal. That sounds like a good price. Where are you located. I'm in Elgin. Might be interrested in having a notch done.

I just qouted one for a Monte that we are going to do. For the frame notch, reinforcing the frame rails and a mini tub using the original tubs I quoted him 12hrs.
This is only the 2nd frame notch for us The first was mne so we worked off and on in between other stuff and I didn't keep track of the exact hours but I'm pretty sure that will be very close.
If you're going to do it I would strongly reccomend putting in a anti roll bar at the same time. It's only another 1-1.5 hrs more labour. Besides how well an anti roll bar works it also adds alot of strength to the frame notch.

$30/hr is a great deal if he does good work.