? for those with LS1 brakes or the Blazer front brakes?

JDSfastGN

I am trying to figure out which ones i would like to add to my setup. I run 17s so both are doable. My only ? is how much if any does each setup change how far the wheel sticks out toward the fender? My fronts are exactly where i want them, and im thinking that using the LS1 setup my wheels will be pushed out the same distance as a cut down stock rotor that is being used as the hub? Am i assuming right? This would probably push my wheels too far out? Ive heard the Blazer setup does not change this but wanted to get some first hand opinions. Thanks gus

The LS1s will push the wheels out the thickness of the LS1 rotor where it slips over the hub. I measured it a couple weeks ago, not sure on the exact number. I think its somewhere around a quarter inch or so. If you want some exact numbers I can go out and measure again. I'm not sure if the ZQ8 setup will move the wheels out any.

hmm naw you don't have to measure exactly. I think im gonna have to go with the blazer setup because any further out and the wheels wouldn't look nearly as good (one side already sticks out a bit more due to the body not being completly centered on the frame (thanks GM) I don't want to have to deal with any tire rubbing on good bumps. How do you like the LS1 setup on the car? It would look great to have those big rotors behind my wheels :(

LS1 set-up on my car, its lowered and on VERY harsh bumps one tire (pass side) slightly rubs fender lip, not bad though. Unbelievable difference in the stock brakes to the LS1 brakes, stops with no worries now.
The LS1 rotor will push the wheels out about 5/16". i'm like you, I think the body being out of center allows one side to rub and not the other, if your car isn't lowered in the front it shouldn't rub.
Let me know if you want to do the LS1 set-up, I have a kit I built for a local GN that backed out.

When i turned the rotors down to hubs i took 3/16 off the face the move the wheel back near stock. And Hawk makes lots of compands for the ls1 setup.