Some progress.

Attachments

• IMGP0824rs.jpg
    IMGP0824rs.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 523
  • IMGP0823rs.jpg
    IMGP0823rs.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 517
Around 1300 but I've never really pushed this turbo. Always ran around 24psi with the old turbos but this one seems to really like about 30-35psi. Should be around 1500HP with ideal conditions which I feel is about the max for a V6.

FWIW - I usually just run Quick8, Pro-Mod, Outlaw, or whatever heads-up programs are running at local tracks when we go out. Got tired of being turned away by NMCA and other sanctioning bodies for being a turbo, a V6, tube chassis, etc, etc, etc. I just wanted to go FAST and be different. When turbos finally became politically correct, the rules started reading V8s only and I was told no V6's. I did run Nostalgia Pro Street a few years back at an NMCA event after a lot of politics to make an exception for my car as the rules didn't allow turbos or V6s. They strapped me with 3100#s to make sure I wasn't competitive and said if I came to a few events they would see about getting some weight off. I said thanks but no thanks. We all know they would cry foul if a V6 ever did become competitive and my pockets aren't deep enought to run with the like of what "Fastest Street Car" racing has turned into.

Good stuff Donnie. You make a good point about the autoignition issues. Conley experimented with the alky/NOS on his twin turbo BB Camaro right before he got out of it altogether. The goal was to get rid of the intercoolers/weight and pick up some HP at the same time. Never got it dialed in before he hung it up.

Heck, I guess I could just go straight alky and eliminate the radiator instead!:biggrin:

Unless you plan to start using a tow vehicle at the track, I'd keep the radiator. You can set the mixture rich enough to keep the engine cool on methanol, but it quickens the oil contamination. The radiator can still prove to be useful with methanol. You just don't need as big a one.

Very beefy looking flange!

How do you plan to support the weight of the turbo? As I'm sure you know, it will cause stress cracks to your headers if you don't get the weight off of them.

Very beefy looking flange!

How do you plan to support the weight of the turbo? As I'm sure you know, it will cause stress cracks to your headers if you don't get the weight off of them.
I use a tripod frame that comes off the front of the engine and supports the turbocharger weight from above it. Very similar to how F1 used to do it. I couldn't find a clear picture of it to post. I'll try to remember to take a picture of it to post later.

The adapter is finished. I was alone at the shop so I couldn't hang the turbocharger on the car.

WIMP:biggrin:

Oh, believe me, I tried to hang it, but I had to abort the mission before I lost all the strength in my arms and couldn't lift it back out of the engine bay.

I found a pic of the previous engine build with a good view of the hanger for the turbo.

Attachments

• rtfrtrs.jpg
    rtfrtrs.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 666
Actually, I know a few people who have used a hoist when installing big turbos. Makes life much easier when making brackets.

Bent6. I just re-read your first post. Your reaching 15 psi in 2 seconds. The first time I read it I thought it was .2 seconds. If you need that 15 psi quicker, up that shot size.

With your large plenum, you should be able to make an internal port injection system easily. Hang the system and put the thru-walls on the plenum cover.

I've got to see what this turbo looks like on the car. I going to find someone to drag to the shop so I can hang this thing.

The turbo is mounted. It looks like everything was designed it. Maybe it was.;) It fits beautifully. Pics coming soon. Working on them now.

The finished adapter.

Attachments

• IMGP0827rs.jpg
    IMGP0827rs.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 890
  • IMGP0828rs.jpg
    IMGP0828rs.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 877
  • IMGP0829rs.jpg
    IMGP0829rs.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 887
1st set.

Attachments

• IMGP0847rs.jpg
    IMGP0847rs.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 646
  • IMGP0830rs.jpg
    IMGP0830rs.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 642
  • IMGP0831rs.jpg
    IMGP0831rs.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 643
2nd set.

Attachments

• IMGP0837rs.jpg
    IMGP0837rs.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 640
  • IMGP0846rs.jpg
    IMGP0846rs.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 643
  • IMGP0838rs.jpg
    IMGP0838rs.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 634
Yep. Pretty sure I'm not going to have any exhaust back pressure issues.
Next steps are to modify the hanger to support the turbo at center weight, hang the boost control solenoids and hook up the oil lines.

Attachments

• IMGP0840rs.jpg
    IMGP0840rs.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 637
  • IMGP0853rs.jpg
    IMGP0853rs.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 634
Don, that beautiful man. Yeah the backpressure should not be an issue. If for some reason it does so, we have some other turbine wheels or housings....lol

That FI-91X that made 1481rwhp on the 2JZ, the backpressure was only 1.12 max and that is with the small Turbine housing. :D