Ford 9"

Either/both....Doesn't matter much. It's GONNA leak!
We've put many of these together. Eventually, it will leak, despite the "best laid plans of mice and men"...

no doubt.... i'll go with the both plan to hopefully buy a little more time

thx

We've done silicone only, Right Stuff, a combo of those and a gasket, Copper Coat spray, the copper washers, loading the flange so the sealer squeezes out around the studs....NOTHING worked for more than 6 mo's.

2 years going and over 6000 miles without a leak,i will check my notes but I think we used a gasket and sealer.

IMG_0538.JPG
IMG_0539.JPG
IMG_0540.JPG
IMG_0541.JPG

finally got some time to get a little work done.......new u joints installed, used a gasket and a generous amount of right stuff as you can see. Have new UMI upper control arms on the way, still have to decide on adjustable or non adjustable lowers....brake lines should be arriving today also....... almost time to throw it back under the car
IMG_0548.JPG
IMG_0546.JPG

wheel seal national 51098 will remedy your leaking axle issue. It is a tight squeeze but if you use a seal installer or a socket large enough to drive it in you'll be a happy camper. Did the same conversion and kept trying to get answers from QP but ended up figuring it out for myself; kept hearing stories about leaking normal to mine never leaked. You'll thank me if you go the wheel seal route. Also the rear brake calipers you have are GM metric junk. I sent mine back for a refund and omitted the emergency. A better way for cosmetic and safety purposes would be to get a currie set with e brake. Good luck

Did get the axle seals per QP recommendation, not sure about what im going to do with parking brake yet

might need the parts I'm listing: Currie performance CE-9005M pr. and if you damage bearings when installing retaining plates the axle bearings are CE-8000 (514003) ea.

One last thing, when you install the rear end be sure to have a diff shop set your pinion angle. It'll save you transmissions.

Boy are you in luck, lesson's from my experiences: You'll need to swap to a disc/disc proportioning valve PR101 from inline tube and if you have trouble tying into the brake line system with the adapter they provided the other one is a 1/4in SAE x 3/16in inverted adapter. And that's all I have to say about that. Take care. Out

thx ! just going thru the adapter fitting and you are correct!
I believe the brake line adapter I need is a 7/16-24 inverted female to 3 AN male.
didn't even consider the prop valve would need to be replaced found this one which looks to be the same as the inline tube valve but a few bux cheaper

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rsd-pv72

hose adapter
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rus-640591

I just ordered a set of fixed upper control arms, maybe I should send them back

Last edited:
IMG_0570.JPG
IMG_0572.JPG
As slow as this is going , it should be done as soon as my lower control arms show up

here I have the parking brake ready to go.
Had to shorten the springs about an inch

Also , as mentioned above , I had to get the brake line adapter

7/16-24 female inverted flare to 3/8-24 male inverted flare

Last edited: