Ford 9"

Going to replace moser studs with longer ARP studs later today

few pics of brake lines hung
IMG_0583.JPG
IMG_0588.JPG
IMG_0590.JPG

not sure why you changed them ..from the pic the moser were legal for nhra with your combo

you only need the stud to engage threads in the lugnut atleast the the width of the stud past the washer , for 1/2 studs thats 1/2" past the washer

the mcgards lugnuts are the best shank lug out there and wont rust , they are taller and have a cap to plug the opening and would have worked fine with what you had

the arp do look better with those lugs (y)

IMG_0601.JPG
New prop valve for rear for rear disc.

got this installed this morning with no issues, was about 60 bux from summit

We've done silicone only, Right Stuff, a combo of those and a gasket, Copper Coat spray, the copper washers, loading the flange so the sealer squeezes out around the studs....NOTHING worked for more than 6 mo's.

Billw.. Are you the spelling police???

No issues with shock mounts on this setup( quick performance)

I did do a search related to moser 9" and there were some problems with them in that thread
You will find some good info there
On the moser stuff

No issues with shock mounts on this setup( quick performance)

I did do a search related to moser 9" and there were some problems with them in that thread
You will find some good info there
On the moser stuff

Thank you. Really appreciate you taking the time.

heres pic of the moser 9 " in my 87ttop with ridetech coilover
wolfe dbl adj arms and wolfe swaybar , added the HRparts lower frame braces
it have an HRpats swaybar setup for the rear and have perches welded for install so i might lose the wolfe bar and do the HR so i can get a decent set of tailpipes to fit
has torino drums on it which are so much better than the stock drums but those will be changed out shortly to the strange 4 piston disc to match the front along with a 4whl disc prop valve which should be arriving today
last thing im waiting on is the tall billet 1350 yoke from Quick

Attachments

• 0728141630.jpg
    0728141630.jpg
    828.1 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
heres pic of the moser 9 " in my 87ttop with ridetech coilover
wolfe dbl adj arms and wolfe swaybar , added the HRparts lower frame braces
it have an HRpats swaybar setup for the rear and have perches welded for install so i might lose the wolfe bar and do the HR so i can get a decent set of tailpipes to fit
has torino drums on it which are so much better than the stock drums but those will be changed out shortly to the strange 4 piston disc to match the front along with a 4whl disc prop valve which should be arriving today
last thing im waiting on is the tall billet 1350 yoke from Quick

Pacecarta, thank you, that's very helpful.

Finally I have it ready to go. The birth of my first son has held me up quite a bit.
A couple finishing notes.

The rear end height DID raise about 3/4 " as mentioned prior
IMG_0821.JPG

As Noted, use ADJ upper control arms to get pinion angle, I used UMI Uppers with the non poly bushings on the frame mount, they call them ROTO joints and look pretty cool
IMG_0823.JPG

UPI-3037-R_xl.jpg

Last edited:
The lower control arms are also UMI. Poly bushings on the frame, and spherical on the axle. These are also adjustable
IMG_0824.JPG
IMG_0825.JPG

I set the pinion angle to 2.5 degrees downward to start. I read the ford gears are cut more aggressive than the GM ones which causes the gears to "climb" more.
I had the drive shaft lengthened .75" to place the yoke exactly where it was in the trans with the stock rear end. Probably wasn't needed, but I feel better with the added spline engagement.
IMG_0822.JPG
IMG_0826.JPG

Other than taking it easy to break in the new gears and possible re bleeding brakes this thing "should" be done. I figure I am somewhere in the $3200 mark with everything totaled up.