You can type here any text you want

Fouled plugs... wont stay running now?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V8killR4U

Not sure what the problem is now. The car was driving fine, just normal cruising and an occasional light to light race. The car started driving like it was running on less than 6 six cylinders. I get home and sure enough 2 or 3 plugs a re fouled. (Cant remember which cylinders). I put new plugs in and the car ran the same, immediately fouling out the plugs again…Why all of a sudden would the car start fouling plugs and running horribl…I never had this issue before. Now the car doesn’t even want to start…It pops an sputters and just dies. Any idees on what the issue could possible be? All fuel components are new except an injector harness, Ive tried 3 of them however and the same results.

Any ideas?

I didn't spot any? The car wont even stay on/idle. Car has never done this before.

I tried two different TT chips as well, one for a MAF and one MAFless chip....

which plug(s) are fouling?

Looks to be all of them now. When i pulled the plugs the first time it was noticably more on one bank (drivers side)....

My car did the same thing when the ecm got wet.There must be somewhere the water comes in and leaks on it.I had replaced it once and it happened again,so the next time i put it in a plastic bag.The car would only run if you kept your foot on the gas and it was blowing black smoke out.

i had a similar problem with bad running once when i touched the terminal on the back of the altenator and popped something in the ecm.try another one if possible. also make sure none of the pins are bent

Found part of the issue. Number the 3 & 5 spark plug wires were mixed up.
Flame on. lol

Now the car runs and idles, but it still sounds like its running on 5 cylinders still. Only getting about 10lbs of vacuum too, It normally reads a lil higher....

Found part of the issue. Number the 3 & 5 spark plug wires were mixed up.
Flame on. lol

Now the car runs and idles, but it still sounds like its running on 5 cylinders still. Only getting about 10lbs of vacuum too, It normally reads a lil higher....

DOH!!!!:biggrin:

Back