Found another 87 GNX for sale - 2700 miles though

If you are going to put something like that in your garage and just stare at it.....get a poster.

Well documented miles and service records will help retain value driven or not.

Service records mean nothing. If he kept that car as an investment in his garage it would be worth over 100K.

I believe some cars are meant to be driven and others collected. The GNX because of its numbers should not be a daily driver vehicle. Besides, why would you risk a fender bender with such a valuable collector car?

Drive it!!

I love people who look at collectable cars as an investment. If you had $40000 in 1987 and put it in a safe account earning on average only 5% annual you would have $129,004.00 today. More than ANY GNX has sold for to date.

Cars are not investments they are toys and hobbies and should be enjoyed. I saw a GNX with 140k on it and IMO the guy who drove it was one of the few who got their moneys worth out of it! If you can buy one flip it and make a buck when the market is hot great but IMHO I think you would have to be nuts to buy one to hold on for a long term investment, unless of course you're gonna enjoy it and drive it:biggrin:

I would drive it! Cars are meant to be driven, collector or not. Hell I would drive around in a Hemi Cuda convertible if I had one (Worth what.. 400k?).

I believe some cars are meant to be driven and others collected. The GNX because of its numbers should not be a daily driver vehicle. Besides, why would you risk a fender bender with such a valuable collector car?

involved with the car maybe?

If it has wheels, roll it. Having a collectors car is just as much of a gamble as driving said collectors car. I guess the garage it is stored in is " $hit happens" proof.

I can tell you if I purchased that vehicle, it would be a driven display because it deserves it.

I know others have their opinion on the fate of GNX's....and this is my opinion.

The GNX is the only vehicle built in the 80's with the highest chance of bringing in 7 figures in the near future. To me it's a collector car. I appreciate fine and rare automobiles and I don't mind displaying them instead of driving them around.

Let me ask a question - If you bought a GNX like the one sold at auction recently for over 100K (The car had only 9 miles on the odometer) Would you really drive it every day and put a couple thousand miles on it? especially if it could be worth 1 mil in the near future.

After 2 grand in engine/chasis reconditioning....yup. Without being driven and regular fluid changes that thing is a paperweight.

Time is a cruel mistress...unless you are a diamond or a nice bottle of cognac.

Rubber rots, oil oxidizes, brake fluid crystalizes, leather dries, vinyl shrinks...you name it....that's what is happening to that car right now.

It will never feel the wind, and that sucks.

again...my opinion.

The GNX is the only vehicle built in the 80's with the highest chance of bringing in 7 figures in the near future. To me it's a collector car. I appreciate fine and rare automobiles and I don't mind displaying them instead of driving them around.

Let me ask a question - If you bought a GNX like the one sold at auction recently for over 100K (The car had only 9 miles on the odometer) Would you really drive it every day and put a couple thousand miles on it? especially if it could be worth 1 mil in the near future.

1 million...in the near future?

car 1,2,3, 547, and Xray maybe. Not in the near future, but well after i'm dead possibly.

I don't care if it had 0 Miles and was untitled. I'm still driving that bad-Larry around town! It was built to drive, and drive hard. That's my opinion at least. We all will have a different opinion, and no amount of arguing will change that.
Znix

I don't care if it had 0 Miles and was untitled. I'm still driving that bad-Larry around town! It was built to drive, and drive hard. That's my opinion at least. We all will have a different opinion, and no amount of arguing will change that.
Znix

Can I agree with your opinion? :biggrin:

life is too short for having a big pile of fun just sitting.

Drive every day....NO...take to car shows, car meets, and an occasional cruise...Hell yeah....If I had it I'd be putting about 1,000 miles on it a year

What? You mean to a group of guys who will give you the answer you don't want to hear?

We are well aware of the car, the history, the heritage.

paperweight. (regarding the 9 mile car)

If I were looking for some type of investment opportunity with a goal of seeing a return of a million bucks in the near future, cars would be at the bottom of the list (in reality they wouldn't even make my list). ;)