Found another 87 GNX for sale - 2700 miles though

Anyone do a history search on the OP? Where's CharlieF1 when we need him?

Shane you seeing this?

I love people who look at collectable cars as an investment. If you had $40000 in 1987 and put it in a safe account earning on average only 5% annual you would have $129,004.00 today. More than ANY GNX has sold for to date.

Cars are not investments they are toys and hobbies and should be enjoyed. I saw a GNX with 140k on it and IMO the guy who drove it was one of the few who got their moneys worth out of it! If you can buy one flip it and make a buck when the market is hot great but IMHO I think you would have to be nuts to buy one to hold on for a long term investment, unless of course you're gonna enjoy it and drive it:biggrin:

BINGO! And how much work (or additional money) was involved keeping this investment up... almost NONE (amazing what electrons can do)! Keeping a car just for investment has a price.. Service intervals, these are both time and money. DRIVE IT! and keep it serviced and insured correctly. No only can you enjoy it, but other can too. I still love walking up to a GNX (GN for that matter)

AWK

The GNX is the only vehicle built in the 80's with the highest chance of bringing in 7 figures in the near future. To me it's a collector car. I appreciate fine and rare automobiles and I don't mind displaying them instead of driving them around.

Let me ask a question - If you bought a GNX like the one sold at auction recently for over 100K (The car had only 9 miles on the odometer) Would you really drive it every day and put a couple thousand miles on it? especially if it could be worth 1 mil in the near future.

Now that's optimism! Personally I dont think they'll ever reach that. It took 24 years for them to reach $100k and I think it'll take another 25 to reach $200k. There are just to many of them that have been preserved. I think the GNX and the GN will always be worth good money but I dont think they will eventually reach the prices some of the muscle cars have reached.

If you wanted a new GN you can still pretty much buy one and the funny thing is it really doesnt cost much more money today than it did back in 1987 in terms of cost of living increases over the last 24 years. You can't however find a rare and unrestored low mile in the wrapper hemi cuda. Not without searching high and low and paying through the nose and even still there is probably less than 5 in exsistance. Lets not also forget the car culture of the 50's and 60's was a WHOLE lot different than the 80's. This was an era in American pop culture that will never be duplicated and also adds the value of cars produced during that era.

I love people who look at collectable cars as an investment. If you had $40000 in 1987 and put it in a safe account earning on average only 5% annual you would have $129,004.00 today. More than ANY GNX has sold for to date.

Cars are not investments they are toys and hobbies and should be enjoyed. I saw a GNX with 140k on it and IMO the guy who drove it was one of the few who got their moneys worth out of it! If you can buy one flip it and make a buck when the market is hot great but IMHO I think you would have to be nuts to buy one to hold on for a long term investment, unless of course you're gonna enjoy it and drive it:biggrin:

Give this man a cigar!! Entirely too much common sense runnning around in his head!!!

Opinions vary, always have, always will. If it were me

GNX = If I were to ever buy one. I'd keep it stock and rarely drive it, because it is a very rare car.

GN = Not as rare, but still rare. I'd lightly mod one of these, drive it and enjoy it.

TurboRegal = Mod away, have fun!

Opinions vary, always have, always will. If it were me

GNX = If I were to ever buy one. I'd keep it stock and rarely drive it, because it is a very rare car.

GN = Not as rare, but still rare. I'd lightly mod one of these, drive it and enjoy it.

TurboRegal = Mod away, have fun!

I was under the impression the GN and GNX were turbo regals. Saying a GN isn't a regal is like saying a cobra isn't a mustang IMO

:confused: And I was under the impression turbo Regal's were MUCH rarer then GN's. I've had both a GN and a Turbo T and I like the fact that not as many people know about my Limited. When I buy one to keep stock it will be a Limited. I'm still under the belief that when it's all said and done the TR will be worth more then the GN's. just my 2 pennies.....

GNX not really that rare

547 is not really all that rare for a performance package car. These cars were tagged from day one as "collectable" which usually just puts more bucks in the dealers pocket. As far as investment goes if you had put the original cost of a GNX in stock market based investments or property back in 87 you would probably be up the current value by an easy factor of ten. I think what makes these cars such a big deal is that the factory put something truly mean out on the street that wasn't a two door harsh riding car that started with a C. My hats off to all you GNX owners who drive your baby and preserve it.

#375 - Looks nice but why did the guy put 2700 miles on it. Some people don't know how to collect cars.

I believe some cars are meant to be driven and others collected. The GNX because of its numbers should not be a daily driver vehicle. Besides, why would you risk a fender bender with such a valuable collector car?

boy ya'll would hate our friend John Sullivan then, look what he has put his GNX through... a bad fire back about 5 years ago (while @ the drag strip) then 3 years ago, off the end of the track @ Columbus, not to mention the street miles & the cage that saved his life that is in the car. the car is being put back together stock & will be his driver again. :wink:

I dont know but if I was looking for a t-buick as a collector car I would go with the WH1 less built then the GNX and a lot less still around now that is a rare t-buick . I would love to have a driver GNX I was disapointed that the high mile 40k one came up for sale after I bought my 86 I would have loved to have one I could put 10k to 20k a year on.
In the end X-ray will be worth more then any of them Im sure it has lots of road time.

Marshall Goldman I pass by that place everyday on the way to work its bout 10minutes away from my house I have looked in there a few times just to see what was there never saw a tr of any sorts. Im gona have to stop by again (not that i could afford any car at that dealer) and at least look in through the windows when there closed. Did anyone happen to see what there asking? And if i had a gnx yes i would drive it all the time.

What? You mean to a group of guys who will give you the answer you don't want to hear?

We are well aware of the car, the history, the heritage.

paperweight. (regarding the 9 mile car)

x2. This thread reminds of a guy at a local cruise night who went on and on about how my car is rare and I should not drive it, that I did not know the real value of this car blah blah blah:rolleyes:. I told him I bought it to drive it not to eye f*ck it in my garage. I also told him the car is about to turn 100k pretty soon (engine is at 2k) so I didnt feel bad about putting some happy miles on it. So after wards when I was leaving he told me its a shame cars like these are not taken care of the way they should be. So i look over at him and said well sir this next part is really gonna chap your ass. I brake boosted and lit the tires up for a "few" feet :D

good times:)

phvrod

Mine is at 487 miles today....Ill drive it to a local car show and have a blast..Just went to one Saturday (got BEST of show)and driving home people were getting out of their cars at the stop lights to take pictures..i drive a GN around town to have fun in..The GNX is not a daily driver nor for racking up miles ........ZNIX you asked me to drive the GNX .Now i see youll drive the **** out of it I doubt that will ever happen .But if your ever in Indiana ill take you for a ride and youll see what its like to drive a collectable car and have fun without having the police impound it and totally screw up the car....ARE you still 15 1/2 you cant drive yet anyway :) PHVROD

Attachments

• DSC_0044.jpg
    DSC_0044.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 1,024
  • DSC_0024.jpg
    DSC_0024.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,029
I bought GNX 375 in 1995 with 59 miles on the clock. Found it here in Canada near Toronto. I was the 3rd owner at that time. Contacted the 1st owner and he still had the jacket and sent it to me. I sold the car in 1998 with 880 miles and it went back to the USA. it has changed owners 5 times since I believe..

Flaco really "knows how to collect cars!" LOL

As others have said, a GNX (or GN, or any TR) is meant to be driven. That's why I bought my GN, because I love to drive it. If I had a GNX, I wouldn't be able to keep my foot out of it on any given nice day. That's what it was designed for.

What would happen to the best Stradivarius or Guarnerius violins if they were never played and cared for by loving artists? We would be poorer for not having experienced their exquisite sound. These instruments are worth millions, yet they need to be played to remain supple in order to produce their best tone.

What is a GNX besides a collector item? It's a Muscle Car. If you never exercise your muscles, they atrophy; IMHO it's a tragedy whenever a muscle car is allowed to atrophy by sitting in storage and never being exercised!

GNX Photos from a True Auto Collector and Investor

The following photos are from a true auto collector. This GNX only has 9 miles on the odometer and contains all the original factory protective coverings. The car hasn't even been washed.

2006430023121392_1124935.jpg

2006430023121392_1124936.jpg

2006430023121392_1124937.jpg

2006430023131393_1124938.jpg

2006430023131393_1124939.jpg

highlineguy

86 Buick GN
87 GMC Caballero
56 Packard Executive (restored)