You can type here any text you want

found cause of eng noise

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Well this happened to me this weekend. Had a sudden engine knock noise start at idle. Just pulled the motor and discovered the damage. Sucks cause the motor was just out less than 100 miles ago. I guess it can sit 3 more years now. Check out the pics on the link in my sig

Way2QWK The piston damage doesnt look to bad.I would reuse those pistons.I have used alot worse looking ones.

Way2QWK The piston damage doesnt look to bad.I would reuse those pistons.I have used alot worse looking ones.

we cleaned the piston up pretty damn well. im not worried about piston im worried about the bottom end. thrust bearing and what not. rich post pics of the piston and the thrust bearing

Same thing happened to a set of heads I picked up. knocked the hell out of the chamber, but they survived.

This seems to be a real problem for these throttle bodys.

A.j.

Way2QWK,
ah yes, looks familiar, sorry to hear of your bad luck. and others bad luck.
Post up a pic of the failed screw in this thread if you can

Jim Turner

Accufab sucks for that - I will avoid them from now on.

I had a brand new O2 go bad and the firm paid for the turbocharger rebuild as they should, but with irresponsibility becoming the norm, one does not expect a company like Accufab to do the right thing. Indeed we are happy and will give an "A" when all we get is the bare minimum as long as nothing goes wrong! :( :( :(

Somebody send a link to Accufab and cross it over to some other boards - it is the only way to deal with bogus firms - lets hear their side.

Back