found stage short block on craigslist

Nice , a little pricey, but some one will scoop it up! They need to have some reputation behind the build tho. I would hate to buy it and have to tear it down for an inspection and put even more $ into the short block.

Looks like a nice shortblock. I'd want to ask the guy why there are large pipe plugs above the freeze plug holes? The only time I've seen something similar they had drilled cooling holes between the cylinders. The only problem is that it limits the overbore size depending on what size holes they went with.

Neal

Looks clean, but yeah, a little pricey... Not too often you find BMS stuff on craigslist.

If it has all specs and is turbo ready, it is a steal. The big question is how good are the pistons?

That was my point, I would hate to buy it and and put more money into the shortblock. Even if it was just to tear it down and inspect the crank and bearings. A reputable builder would speak volumes on the sale. Certain names attached to this block and that price would be a steal.

The Stage engine listed is an on-center which will require an intake to match, and some additional work and parts for the mounting the accessories if used in a street car. Oh, headers/crossover mods are also needed.

A stock-type oil pickup would need to be fabricated unless a dry sump or external oil pump is used.

The TA block can use an off-the-shelf TA oil pickup either for a stock or deep pan.

With my experience building alum blocks and some stage blocks, the alum build is more desirable than a iron stage build and would have much more value in the long run.

Based upon 2 excellent, off-center 4.1 stage blocks I just acquired for less than 1/2 the price of a TA alum block, I say this verifies my comment stated above! :)

Based upon 2 excellent, off-center 4.1 stage blocks I just acquired for less than 1/2 the price of a TA alum block, I say this verifies my comment stated above! :)[/quote]

Are either of these blocks for sale?