You can type here any text you want

found while spring cleaning

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

broke

broke
new we4 purchase and am doing the spring cleaning suggested on this site. so far i have found ngk spark plugs, a completely clogged pvc system, tps out of adjustment, and im sure there is more. pulled the vc breather and noticed skirts around thesprings and yellow stripes on the spring itself. i was told it had a roller cam in it, is that realistic with the skirts there? i read the entire pcv discussion and purchased the plastic valve at the zone and no check valve, is this correct? thanks in advance for any advice or input.

Does it has teh stock IC and breather hooked up to teh inlet bell?

If so teh IC needs to be cleaned and teh engine could use a good top engine clean, with the GM stuff (liquid not aerosol), seafoam or equiv.

Doubt it has a roller cam with the cups.

How many miles on it?
Front cover greasy and oily?

car has 144k on it and was told the motor has 30k on it, tci trans and converter,30lb green stripes. very nice straight no rust body. there is breather on the front of the valve cover and front cover is wet. not sure what the turbo is. will be ordering a scanmaster 2 monday. thanks again.....very knowledable group. i found this site after the purchase.

plugs

few guys on this site run ngk nothing wrong with them.I like autolight 23 racing plugs work for me.

mo

yes live 50 miles north of kc, I work in kc in the summers.I have a restoration shop in st.joe.fix collisions and restore old muscle cars in the winters evenings and weekends have had 3 of these cars get one all fixed up the way I like then someone makes a offer and i sell it couple months go by i start missing it and buy another one work on it in my spare time get it going and start allover.If you need any help just pm me I'm on here every night maybe we can get together and take them to kcir this year i drive mine back and forth in summers

just doin the basics right now,but will want experience when i take a step up to more boost and injectors. this car actually runs great now in my opinion. trying to get it through a mo state insp., no cat and dont want to add one

broke

your user name will come into play more then you know with either buying parts or replacing broken ones. LOL Unless you have deep pockets and understanding wife.Once the fever hits there's no stopping it.there's nothing like these cars or there never fast enough or at least in my case.I picked up a 71 camaro with ls1 6speed pro charger that puts down 700hp it's close though. now you see why I work 2 jobs.

Back