You can type here any text you want

Frame upgrading?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Thanks........ Just look me up under Prasad Elamana on Face Book.

Prasad

Thanks........ Just look me up under Prasad Elamana on Face Book.

Prasad

Wonderful job on the frame but may I ask how is the exhaust clearance right on the side of the car with that bar ?? What about the gas tank? Everything fits or did you get custom exhuast and gas tank??

Prasad did what I wish I would have done. Problem was I didn't have the patience to tack stuff in and drag the frame around and hope the body would clear. DIdn't have another car to take any measurements off of. Back seat braces are a joke. Any brace on the body is a joke. THe real problem with these cars is the rear crossmember and rear horns. Not hard to see it.

Bringing this thread back up just got my frame back from the powder coater Again! Here is what it looks like now Braced ,boxed,Notched and Welded i am by no means a good welder but i do ok and the grinder helps with the clean up i took some ideas from different guys here on the forum and kinda rolled them together hopefully they all work out! I will be adding a brace across the rear horns once its bolted to the body just to be sure they did not move!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 231
  • photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 214
  • photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 212
  • photo (4).JPG
    photo (4).JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 208
  • photo (5).JPG
    photo (5).JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 211
Some Nice looking frames in here guys!
For you guys doing frame offs, We now carry a new Frame "Box-in" kit that boxes in that open space in the middle by the trans cross member. It's the same thickness of the frame and it's laser cut and CNC bent for accurate bends. Very easy to install once the body is off the frame!

Link to our website- http://www.gnsperformance.com/products/framebrace_boxinkit.html

brace 010.jpg

Now you bring these out about 2 months late! :oops: They will save some time for sure but the boxing was probably the easier part of what i did.

Bringing this thread back up just got my frame back from the powder coater Again! Here is what it looks like now Braced ,boxed,Notched and Welded i am by no means a good welder but i do ok and the grinder helps with the clean up i took some ideas from different guys here on the forum and kinda rolled them together hopefully they all work out! I will be adding a brace across the rear horns once its bolted to the body just to be sure they did not move!

Very nice! I like the extra support in hump area!

Prasad

Back