Free dyno runs

kjhansen

OK, you have to be in or near Colorado Springs, CO, but hey..
Anyway, there's a company named Superflow here that BUILDS dynomometers. THEY called ME and asked if I could bring my car down to help them check a dyno that they're building for a Buick turbo guy who specializes in TR race cars (Kevin King--anybody know who that is?). Well I said sure, of course. I made two runs--could have done more but I was pressed for time over my lunch break. First run with exhaust open and the TCC locked netted 376 rwhp at 21psi boost. I had it set for 24psi but didn't go that high per T-Link (probably not enough resistance). The second run was with exhaust open and the TCC unlocked and got 368 rwhp. Transmission slip lost some power there! Considering we're at 6100 feet, my engine has 147K on it and the heads have never been off (valve springs were replaced at 130K), I'm pleased with those figures. They said that whenever they've got a new system built they welcome people to come down and help them do tests. Way cool!
Keith

I've heard about these people, where are they located in COS? I think they are just about 5 min from my house....Do they need another guinea pig with lots of time on his hands?

Corrected torque was in the 480s. SuperFlow is located on North Tejon off Commerce. If you want a chance, give 'em a call! (719)471-1746.
Keith