From Zero To Hero

Alaskabuick

Here is my daily driver project I finished years ago. I stumbled onto this Turbo T here in Fairbanks. I kept seeing these tail lights of this Regal setting out behind a local shop, it was under snow. I just dissmissed it as normal regal. Finally my curiosity got the best of me and I pulled int to take a closer look.. Holy crap, there is a bulge in the hood! Ahhh... its probably a hot air car.. pop the hood and pow! IC starring at me..

So I went in the shop and ask the two Old Guys about it, said the guy who owned it was talking about selling it. So tracked him down and cut a deal. Had 60k miles, (alaska miles folks) even had a block heater. He had parked the car cuz the brakes went out and he azz ended a truck and just put a small dent in the fender breaking the maker light, an accumulator ball fixed the issue.

I then got into my old stash of parts to build up and low buck modest car with what I had. Had a TE44, 50lb inj, ordered a down pipe and hacked together an single shot 3" exhaust from parts and pieces, had and extra set of GN wheels. It runs very nice and is a fun daily driver, bench seat and column shift. I was in the thing really right until I lost control on the paint job.. but oh well.. it looks nice a subtle and i have a good time taking the kids to school and Ice cream runs in it.

The car was a gray car but I wanted more of a now days deeper gray/smoke color. I went on the car lots and looked at all the gray cars that were close enough to the stock color that it would not look like a color change but just subtle change. The color is a 05 Infinity color "Diamond Graphite Metallic"

I enjoy this car a bunch because it is a driver, low stress and gives me little grief..

My big turbo GN just tends to take up my time working on it and testing my patients...

thanks for looking,

Dennis

Attachments

• spring summer 06 070.jpg
    spring summer 06 070.jpg
    564.6 KB · Views: 300
  • Sept 09 038.jpg
    Sept 09 038.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 304
  • Sept 09 037.jpg
    Sept 09 037.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 292
Another rescue, love the color!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Awesome - considering the before pics.
Even NICE if not considering the before pics.
But it makes its that much more awesome seeing what it looked like before.
Easy to see a nice car - and "Nice car"
But to see the previous version makes it a "NICE job"

Love the color !!
Nice save...

Bryan

It is - and it's not so deep or different that most people wouldn't even think "non-factory stock color".
They really do have some great greys, silvers and platinums these days on the imports.

Although, I really do wish you would have considered a paint scheme similar to this
I like it since it matches my avatar color! :D

Attachments

• 3J33Nb3lb5L55Z05Maccceb1be32b341612c1.jpg
    3J33Nb3lb5L55Z05Maccceb1be32b341612c1.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 102
It is - and it's not so deep or different that most people wouldn't even think "non-factory stock color".
They really do have some great greys, silvers and platinums these days on the imports.

Although, I really do wish you would have considered a paint scheme similar to this
I like it since it matches my avatar color! :D

OH MAN! I I knew I blew it! I wish I would of seen that green Car before I ruined mine with the boring stock look.

No wonder why the Chicks in Da Hood dont look at my car!... haha.

Thank you all for the kind words!

Dennis

OH MAN! I I knew I blew it! I wish I would of seen that green Car before I ruined mine with the boring stock look.

No wonder why the Chicks in Da Hood dont look at my car!... haha.

Thank you all for the kind words!

Dennis
"Tasteful" or "Understated" are not the words I would use for Mean Green.

Very nice job. Looks real clean.

Soooooo......

Still have the good ornament? :)

From my iPhone