Front Air Dam

XxDarkSidexX said:
is there a diagram with measurements that someone could post. 200 bucks is just a lil tight right now for me, but i have a bunch of extra alum. from a sheet metal project just lying around. I would like to try to make one, I REALY like that size, shape, and style it looks perfect!

no measurement diagrams? Id like to try to make one, sence im buying FAST/axles/new engine harness. Those parts have taking priority in terms of money. But i like this part and am interested in building one for my GN sence i have left over sheetmetal from a past project.

exactly one of the reasons I want a measurement diagram. My GN is not stock and I dont wanna buy something THAT DOESNT FIT! Who would do that, other then pacemaker who had to find out the hard way? Why would someone wanna invest $200 in a part to cut it up? I just wanted the measurements so i could make sure the fit and look where right for me before I paid for one.

w/e i dought ill get em now, but pacemakers post IS EXACTLY why i asked for them. I knew it looked off from the posted pictures, Pace; yours looks way cleaner! Good job man.

now sand and paint that lip red, sand n paint your grill black, sand and paint the scratch gaurd on the bumper red and your car would look really CHERRY! NIce color of red btw.

XxDarkSidexX said:
exactly one of the reasons I want a measurement diagram. My GN is not stock and I dont wanna buy something THAT DOESNT FIT! Who would do that, other then pacemaker who had to find out the hard way? Why would someone wanna invest $200 in a part to cut it up? I just wanted the measurements so i could make sure the fit and look where right for me before I paid for one.

w/e i dought ill get em now, but pacemakers post IS EXACTLY why i asked for them. I knew it looked off from the posted pictures, Pace; yours looks way cleaner! Good job man.

now sand and paint that lip red, sand n paint your grill black, sand and paint the scratch gaurd on the bumper red and your car would look really CHERRY! NIce color of red btw.

It might be that pacemaker made a personal choice for his own custom look.

It's my understanding that these air dams were built to fit a stock GN set up so if your GN is not stock, I think any measurements from them would not apply to your car anyway. You would be far better off taking the measurements of "YOUR" car to ensure that you get what you want, seeing that you are going to custom fit it anyway. :confused:

Maybe I'm missing something here ?

XxDarkSidexX said:

w/e i dought ill get em now, but pacemakers post IS EXACTLY why i asked for them. I knew it looked off from the posted pictures.....

you want these guys to give you all the measurements that they spent countless hours measuring and figuring up so that you can make your own all the while bashing and badmouthing the product?

Who are you?

i only took an inch off mine cause i coulnt get up my drive on car lift and gettin the car on the trailer was quite a chore.

thanks for the comments on the car.

PS the air dam is was a direct bolt on right out of the box, used all the OEM hardware to mount it. The measurements on the "sam dam" are spot on

XxDarkSidexX said:

You certainly dont impress anyone with your good spelling or grammer. Go back and re-read your first posts. You stated that you wanted to take our countless hours of design and fitment on several GN's to help you out making a sheetmetal one. Then in your last post you state that it was to make sure the "fit and look" were right for you. If your GN is modified, why would our drawings help you anyway? Hmmmmmmm... You are what is commonly refered to as a "LIAR". Look it up in the dictionary if you know how to use one. Even if we sent the files to you, I don't think that you would know the difference between an inch and a foot. Not even to say that you probably couldn't spell either of them, or use them in a sentence properly. I will garuntee the quality, fit, and finish. If you want to bash someone's product, go somewhere else.

some pics of mine.

Attachments

• airdam 004s.jpg
    airdam 004s.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 296
  • airdam 006s.jpg
    airdam 006s.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 298
  • airdam 007s.jpg
    airdam 007s.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 431
  • airdam 008s.jpg
    airdam 008s.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 284
  • airdam 009s.jpg
    airdam 009s.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 312
wow RJC implying im a theif and also implying i should pay for measurements?

Now this guy calls me a liar, and implies because my online writing is sloppy and relaxed that i can't use a dictionary. does that mean i didn't graduate high school because i didn't use capital letters too? How stupid.

go argue with someone else you two and stop taking it personal its just a part, a front lip and some measurements. You can't even define what my implications or intentions are correctly. Their implications and name calling speak for themselfs, they want me to pay for some measurements, or else im robbing them. My intentions aren't defined by what you two think, building and buying one where BOTH considered. Now i will definitly make my own even though it was a condisderation to buy this one because of you two, i was deciding on either making one or getting this one but now the choice is clear. But thanks for making it clear its all about the money and also for making it clear what YOUR intentions are. Just wanted some measurements to help me build one if i dicided too, and/or see if this one fits my gn BEFORE buying one. "exactly one of the reasons" of many reasons now, not to deal with this.

sorry i didn't know on a "custom front lip" thread, that someone trying to make a "custom lip" for themselfs or see if this one would fit, would get such greif and educational responses.

XxDarkSidexX said:
wow RJC implying im a theif and also implying i should pay for measurements?

How did you get that from my response? I was implying you can't get someone to do you a favor if you are a big jerk to them.

Please do not respond to this thread anymore. we have heard what you have to say now please go away.

what you do not realize is when you spend every spare minute you have working on a project for a month and every other thought is about that project and how you can make the product the very best you can make it and someone who only experience with the part is from looking at a small picture on the net starts bashing your product for no reason it is taken personal.

on another note, i made that scoop on the front of my car. i had it on my car at BG this year. i am not planning on making these. I am not a sheet metal guy. this one turned out killer but i spent a way to many hours making it. I made it to feed the bottom side of the intercooler and the bottom side of the air filter that is located directly behind the rear bumper. the filter measures about 9" dia x 18" long. It has a 6" outlet. it is pretty good sized.

Will theses still work with fiberglass front bumpers?? I am not sure my bumper has the holes in the center. Race Jace why did you cut the center out?? Did you make your own scoop for the intercooler?? Any pics??

RUQWKNF27 said:
Will theses still work with fiberglass front bumpers?? I am not sure my bumper has the holes in the center. Race Jace why did you cut the center out?? Did you make your own scoop for the intercooler?? Any pics??

Yes it fits the fiberglass front bumpers. ¼” holes do need to be drilled into the fiberglass bumpers. This Air Dam has provisions for the bumperettes (beauty pieces that run horizontally on each side of the front license plate bracket). Most of the guys that are running fiberglass front bumpers do not install the bumperettes), so on those cars they added a couple of washer in between the bumper and the Air Dam to occupy this space. It is hard to see until you get down on the ground and peer right at it.

Rest assured it does fit fiberglass bumpers here is a list of guys that we have helped install the Air Dam onto their fiberglass bumper at various different Buick events.

Cal Hartline
Dick Kerney
Dave Fiscus
Chris Lyons

On these cars we used ¼ -20 X 1.00 long fasteners, with ½” fender washers on both sides, held together with a ¼ 20 nut.

I know Jack Cotton has installed them onto cars with glass bumpers.

Hope that answers your question.

We installed the black one on the Pumpkin for a little "contrast" looks awsome. Fit was perfect, what a differance. We've also installed a few as well as sold a bunch of them. Great addition to the visual of the car.

Sam, we'll be needing more air dams.........

Wow! Jack you are getting low again?

My Friend Shane told me he saw a black one installed on Da Pumpkin when he had his car at your shop getting his new Cottons Performance engine installed. The orange one probably would have looked a little funny. I bet the black one really stands out in contrast to that bright orange on your car.

Pat or I will get a hold of you tomorrow.