You can type here any text you want

Front end alignment?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
As stated, most guys that do alignment these days don't know anything other than "toe and go".:mad: Ask the tech if he knows what shim formula is first of all. In most cases that person will be 45 or older and had to do alignments with a machine that didn't tell you what to add or take away, so using his/her brains were required.:D Make sure the shop has all the shims available from 1/32 to 1/2 at least That means the shops been around for a while, and if you're lucky they'll have 1/64 shims as well to fine tune things. The tech should also inspect the suspension before hooking the heads up so if he just rolls it on, hooks the heads up, and goes from there, stop him and take the car back. Inspection is crucial on cars as old as ours are. A good tech will be able to spot things like banged up frames and bad bushings just by looking at them. I specialized in suspension work and would walk across a parking lot and see if a car had issues just by looking at them. ;) Watch while the alignment's done and ask questions when the tech's getting up or down so you know what he's doing. If he really knows what he's doing then he shouldn't mind explaining what is going on. If he's a hack he won't even try to give you any info about what he's doing.

As far as specs go, caster should be .5 degrees apart with the higher on the passengers side and between 3 to 3.5 degrees caster. Stock camber is .5 degrees positive but will work better if it's at 0 to .1 degrees. Toe should be at .10 toe in.

Thank you very much for explaining that just scary these days when you have to take your car to shop and you have to trust that they don't care to mess your shit up .i never take my cars to the shop do all my work my self . But this is something. I must let them do .thsnks again

Back