You can type here any text you want

Front & Rear tire combo for TTA ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Scott89TTA

I'm looking to replace my hard ZERO traction 245/50-VR16 Goodyear Gatorbacks with some modern rubber. I think I'd like to go up to 255's on the rear. Need somthing sticky...car is not a daily driver (only 400-800 per year) so not worried about getting a bunch of miles out of them and will probabl;y go to the track a few times or so a year (don't drive in the rain either...only comes out on pretty days). Anybody switch the front and back wheels and drop the tire size down a little on the front from the 245's (run 255's on the front wheels but mounted on the back and smaller tires on the rear wheels but on the front) ? If DR's I want a matching front tire considering they will not be DR's in the front...just someting close. Or should I just go with a good high performance summer radial that works decent at the track too ? Either way my current tires are down right dangerous :eek:

Thank's
Scott

Quiky One said:
http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/strip.php?item=ETStreetRadial You can buy them from Jegs. And for the front, I like the look of the BFGoodrich Gforce TA KDW. Why would you switch the wheels? 255 will fit on the stock rear wheels just fine.

Jason

Jason...was only thinking of the switch from front to back if I went with a slightly smaller/skinnier front tire on the front. Just thought maybe then the offset of the rear wheels would work with the smaller tires on the front ? Didn't Pontiac put the larger offset on the front to be able to run the 245's up front as well as the back ? Would really like a set of fronts for the rear as well just to have the same offset...but maybe that would cause clearance problems with the 255's then ? I was considering going Gforce KDW's all around if I didn't go DR's in the back.

Scott

I wouldnt swith rims, seen it done(hopefully by accident)and it looks stupid. I'd go with the 255/50R16 drag radial out back and 225/55YR16 gforce kdw's for a slightly skinnier tire up front. I run the 225 up front, they are the same hight as the 245/50YR16 kdw's, which would be my choice for a stock replacement tire.

Steve

I have 275/50's on mine...the micky thompson drag radials and they are just plain awesome, I can't say enough good things about them...do not waste your money on nittos, they don't hook nearly as well

Attachments

• IM000345.JPG
    IM000345.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 194
Everyone seems to like the MT ET Streets but has anybody used or had any luck with the BFG g-Force T/A Drag Radial 2

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+T/A+Drag+Radial+2

or the BFG g-Force T/A Drag Radial

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+T/A+Drag+Radial

and how do the BFG g-Force T/A KD's work at the track...may want to keep my cornering capability over the DR's

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+T/A+KD

as far as stickyness...

#1 MT Drag radials
#2 BFG Drag radials
#3 Nitto Drag radials

the order is reversed for how long they will last, MT should corner well...it's an ET street with chords though I've never heard of anyone using them for that...in my experience there is a world of difference in how well each tire hooks up and for the money I wouldn't waste mine on the nittos

sprayed65 said:
I have 275/50's on mine...the micky thompson drag radials and they are just plain awesome, I can't say enough good things about them...do not waste your money on nittos, they don't hook nearly as well

What offset and width on the rears?

15x8 or 15x9?

Will a 15x10 fit well?

5 inch bs or 5.5 inch bs?

Razor said:
What offset and width on the rears?

15x8 or 15x9?

Will a 15x10 fit well?

5 inch bs or 5.5 inch bs?

I dunno what he's running but a 15x10 will fit nice with a 5.5" bs, seen it plenty of times and have a set myself

Steve,
Do you think a 15x10 5.5 BS on a 26x10 M/T slick?

That should work fine, just double check everything clears when you get them on there. I had no issues with the 26x11.5x15 dot's on a 15x10 wheel with 5.5 bs but had to massage things a bit to run 28's.

Quiky One said:
Dont you have to trim the calipers? I thought that was the deal?

Jason

The LS1 guys use Bogarts because they'll fit over their stock calipers without having to grind any, they're the only 15" that I know of that I have heard that you can run on a LS! F-body without grinding the calipers. It might be the same case for the TTA.

will a 15x10 with 5.5 BS put all the tire under the quarters ? I dont want the tire sticking out past the side of the car.

no...the tire will stick out some...if you look at my photos those are 15x8's..with a 275/60 on them...I now have a 275/50 on them which is about an inch wider on the tires...

Back