front suspension questions about arms/coilovers/etc

Tom Tom Turbo

Turbo Goes Woo Woo
I am redoing my front suspension and looking for suggestions. The car is a 550 HP street car that will see weekend cruising use, the occasional drag strip test and tune, but mainly some fun street miles. I'm not expecting an autocross car, but want it to be stable and fun to push a little. My initial concern was tightening up a 100K mile 28 year old mushy suspension, but I'd like to improve where I can with a limited budget.

question 1: can QA1 (or other) coilovers be used with stock upper and lower control arms?

I'd like to just replace bushings and hardware on the front control arms, add some coilovers, and stick with Moog replacement ball joints, tierods, etc. I have the All Star Performance adjustable center link but I don't think it will fit with my PTE stretch intercooler.

What are the pros/cons to this? Is there something else I should look into without breaking the bank?

I heard qa1 will work with stock arms

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I'm not sure on what I'd like to spend. Part of me says to just replace it with quality Moog ball joints, bushings, etc. The car won't be road raced or used for auto cross, just a fun street car with a few drag strip runs in between.

Coil overs will cost you at least $1K, and that doesn't include anything else. Figure out what you want to spend first and then start shopping.

I just ordered the Ridetech Tru turn kit with coilovers I have all original stuff too I decided the control arms come with ball joints and bushings I didn't feel like messing with the stock arms Like polishing a turd lol

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app