You can type here any text you want

front windsheild needed!!!!!!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

T-Type85David

just need a front windsheild, or help finding one, will the monte carlo window fit?? i'm guessing no but any help would be nice. thanks

Most..

just need a front windsheild, or help finding one, will the monte carlo window fit?? i'm guessing no but any help would be nice. thanks

all automotive glass shops carry shields for about any car you can imagine. Call around, it's not difficult to find, nor should it be overly expensive. If you've not done it B4, pay them to install it, too.

A good price is $150 installed. That is what I would charge here in the midwest. If you know what you are doing you would probably allready know that it fits monte carlo, grand prix, regal, cutlass and malibu 2 doors. Just make sure you get one without the antenna unlkess you don't care.

Yes, they will fit. I just said that because the turbo regals never came with the antenna.

I got a price and it was 300 buicks with installed, i said no, in fact i said hell no. Well going to the pick n pull so hope i find one, it's 82-87 right that will fit. 150 is not bad, i'll remember that thanks

Keep calling around. Where are you from? 81-87 with no ant. is the "correct" one but 78-87 will fit and the cutlass ran till 88 I think. Just make sure it is a 2 door. But like I said call more shops for prices. If you are in a small town call the nearest big city. Glass is a very competitive business & you will be able to find it for $150-$175 installed.

nevermind, i found dozens of them and my pick n pull area, for 15 each. I live in san antonio, tx. I just went with some friends and fournd RADIOS!!!!! dozens of them, the guy there game me a LONG LIST OF cars that the frontsheild will work on the GN/type. HMM i found many still with the 3.8 in them 4bbl or is it 2?? many brackets to due the LT alt upgrade. Thanks anyways guys

nevermind, i found dozens of them and my pick n pull area, for 15 each. I live in san antonio, tx. I just went with some friends and fournd RADIOS!!!!! dozens of them, the guy there game me a LONG LIST OF cars that the frontsheild will work on the GN/type. HMM i found many still with the 3.8 in them 4bbl or is it 2?? many brackets to due the LT alt upgrade. Thanks anyways guys

well you may have "found" them BUT ya have to get it out :eek: :p

BUT ya have to get it out

Once was enough for me. It might be worth it to buy John a plane ticket to do it for you. I've got glass places that advertise down here at my local U-Pull-Its. You tell them what car and they do all the hard work plus install it. I once saw them remove a windshield in what seemed like 5 minutes. Lots of neat cordless power tools and they make it look easy.

I know, the guy told me some blades, guitar wire, i should be fine. you know these cars have great doors, fenders, grilles, headlights, bezels, i think i might take them all. I found a digtal radio for the 80's delco, looks like i wonder how i test is out. 9v batt ??? while i'm there anyone know which car i can get a posi diff from?? lots of iroc and monte carlos, S10, blazers. Anyone know how to tell if it's the right size and if it's posi??? maybe even a better shifter.

I sometime had to repair broken glass on jaguars. All you really need is 2 wooden rods, strong eye hooks and the coiled type guitar string . you will need a soildering iron to burn a hole through the adhesive, then run the string through, tie it to the other rod with the eye bolt and work it all the way around. you will need a person on the outside helping you to pull the other rod. much like a saw horse. Hope you got strong forearms. :biggrin:

be careful when your pulling the wire .. don't pull towards your face :cool: Dentists bill will be very expensive :rolleyes:

Back