You can type here any text you want

Frozen Engine parts

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
It can cause brittle fracture. Just like in the terminator movie when the the T1000 gets shot in the face after being soaked with liquid nitrogen. Liquid N2 is what is used for cryotreating.

Yep... I wouldn't doubt that . I picked up parts 24+ hours after beng done . and if you pick them up in your hand they still have a stone cold feeling right thru them . This guy has a customer that gets his golf balls done and swears the cryo treated balls give him more yards . and there are guys that swear on spark plugs being done as well . Who knows ? :)

Why cant things be easy

300 Below - Cryogenic processing, cryogenic treatment, deep cryogenic tempering and more.

are these the guys ? they seem to have been doing it for awhile . I would make sure you talk to the man who actually runs it and knows the automotive end of it . alot of places say the demensions do not change after the process . I spoke to a fellow who had a Big Block 502 that had a crank that had changed demensions . and 3 lifters out of 16 that sort of became "swollen" after the process . so be carefull , just don't throw it back into service without checking everything . I got my crank/rods machined after the cryo treatment . I even did the rings , and from what I've read it's really good for them . .

That's them. The machinist said the same freeze first??? I will talk to the owner when I go over there tomorrow. Dave is who I talked to and he said he was Bob's replacement. Go figure:mad:

Freeboost.
Who's twin turbo boost kit did you use on the 06 Corvette?? I am thinking about doing that to my Dad's 06 Corvette.

The car is a Z06 so it has the LS7. The twin turbo set-up was done by Lingenfelter. They don't sell a kit for this. The package includes JE forged pistons, Callies forged steel crank, Manley forged rods, stainless steel valves, balanced rotating assembly, blueprinted engine, fuel injectors and high capacity fuel system, port matched LS7 intake, ported and polished throttle body, twin Garrett BB turbos with integral waste gates, twin intercoolers, custom stainless steel 4 into 1 exhaust manifolds & turbo outlets, turbo scavenge pump & turbo oil drain reservoir, oil cooler, dual 4" Corsa stainless steel cat back exhaust, Exedy twin disc clutch and aluminum flywheel. With all this they give a 3 year warantee.

The package does 700 rwhp with peak power about 1000 rpm lower than stock. The thing is an absolute beast. It'll light the tires at 130 mph. At 190 mph it still pulling hard (that's when I chickened out) and is still increadibly stable.

The car is currenty getting a RPM Level V ZR1 (close ratio 6060) tranny and diff (c/w a Quaff posi), DSS 1000hp axles, a DSS propeller shaft and a SFI bellhousing.

That's them. The machinist said the same freeze first??? I will talk to the owner when I go over there tomorrow. Dave is who I talked to and he said he was Bob's replacement. Go figure:mad:

IMO I would listen to your machinist . :) ask the guy you spoke to at at 300 to explain how come rotors don't wear it off from the pads .

Yep... I wouldn't doubt that . I picked up parts 24+ hours after beng done . and if you pick them up in your hand they still have a stone cold feeling right thru them . This guy has a customer that gets his golf balls done and swears the cryo treated balls give him more yards . and there are guys that swear on spark plugs being done as well . Who knows ? :)

I was told race teams have fittings done on fuel lines to stop galling up?

The car is a Z06 so it has the LS7. The twin turbo set-up was done by Lingenfelter. They don't sell a kit for this. The package includes JE forged pistons, Callies forged steel crank, Manley forged rods, stainless steel valves, balanced rotating assembly, blueprinted engine, fuel injectors and high capacity fuel system, port matched LS7 intake, ported and polished throttle body, twin Garrett BB turbos with integral waste gates, twin intercoolers, custom stainless steel 4 into 1 exhaust manifolds & turbo outlets, turbo scavenge pump & turbo oil drain reservoir, oil cooler, dual 4" Corsa stainless steel cat back exhaust, Exedy twin disc clutch and aluminum flywheel. With all this they give a 3 year warantee.

The package does 700 rwhp with peak power about 1000 rpm lower than stock. The thing is an absolute beast. It'll light the tires at 130 mph. At 190 mph it still pulling hard (that's when I chickened out) and is still increadibly stable.

The car is currenty getting a RPM Level V ZR1 (close ratio 6060) tranny and diff (c/w a Quaff posi), DSS 1000hp axles, a DSS propeller shaft and a SFI bellhousing.

If they don't sell the kit? Did you win the car :biggrin:

IMO I would listen to your machinist . :) ask the guy you spoke to at at 300 to explain how come rotors don't wear it off from the pads .

I talked to them again today. They freeze to 300 below then heat 3 times to 300 deg. They told me the only problem they have had is when a crank was filled with heavy metal for balancing it cracked. I told them I will have the machine work done ck measurements. Have parts 300 below. Recheck and if they are off they can pay the machine shop the 2nd time.;) I will keep you posted. They do not recommend turning frozen rotors either? They also said you cannot take the cyro out either??

Back