You can type here any text you want

Frustrated New GN owner

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
update !

74 degrees took it for a spin and after getting back... I looked under the back bumper and I saw it... a bulge ...yep the GN has started to grow a pair IMO.... Cooler air made a big difference !

I nailed it pulling out on the highway from another paved road and had to get out of it as it started sliding sideways when the boost came up... I nailed it at 45 and it put me firmly in the backrest compared to the 95 degree days ! The speedo was moving much faster...I am encouraged..

I had a turbo T-bird and it was the same way althogh even in cold weather it still was a ball-less wonder....just not as ball-less

I will get the ODB1 update for my scanner so I can check for retard.. That is all the scan master is isn't it ? A odb1 scanner the mounts permanent. Id rather set it up and leave the scanner at home unless I am going to the track.
Also beware of the but dyno. Ive heard it all and seen it all. You probably have at this point too. Automatic cars feel less on the butt dyno than manul shifted cars from what ive experienced. Im amazed at the #'s your T/A gave you for being a carbureted 9.5:1 engine. The mpg is really impressive. I know of several of these and the owners claimed 14mpg if they drove like a pu$$y. You got them smoked in all aspects.

The TA has done well... I built the shortblock in 1999.... Basic rebuild... Used forged rods and trw forged pistons comp xe274 cam ( 230/236@.050) a pair of 1972 400 heads 95 cc... comp worked out to be 9.5 to 9.6. Used a stock 72 iron intake the original 77 Quadrajet back with a super T10 4 speed and a 3.42 rear gear cid was 462 btw....:cool:
First pass on the track ran a 14.9 with a 3.0 60 foot... smoke everywhere...;)
Came back next run 13.7@104 on street tires...
Next trip borrowed some drag radials...bfg..275-60-15 ran 13.15@105
Put and electric pusher pump in place of the stock mechanical pump...
went 12.6@108. Broke trans repalced with TKO 5 speed
mpg 19 mpg

Replaced Heads with some out of th ebox Edelbrocks 87 cc put a holley intake on it...new cam 236/244@.050 along with new headers and went back...

12.5@110.... car felt dead on top end...

put a 3" exhaust and ran a club race... with a borrowed holley carb.
ran 7.9 in the 1/8 untill the fuel lever got below 3/4 tank then it woudl just shut off...

dropped tank put in a rear facing pick up in it and a 1/2" suction line to the pump. ran 11.9@115 mpg 18 mpg qjet, 12 Holley

Was in HPP Mag shoot out 2004.. ran 11.85@115 sputtering

Ported my Heads and bought some slicks...ran 1/2" fuel lines

ran 7.26 in the 1/8 at 98.7 mph
got 14 mpg with holley ..getttign ready to try the Qjet again since I just rebuilt and modified it.. Goal is 11's and 18 mpg on Radials..

Broke rearend

Ran club race on Dunlop white letter tires... ran 7.77@95 in the 1/8 on a 1.83 60 foot walking it out of the hole... average was 8.0-8.1 though at 92.

Retired Car pretty much.
0503hpp_shoot09_s.jpg

I would like my GN to run as well one day ....or close anyway.
better is ok too...LOL

when did it run in the 11.30's @ 120+ mph? Hard to imagine,,, for me,,,,, without help:biggrin: NAAWWWSSSSSS:wink:

Temp changes

BOP4ever The temp can make a difference/ wakes her up a bit the cooler/colder it gets the denser the aircharge. Usually in the summer it's 95-100 degrees here at 5300 ft so altitude density is like 8000. You get heat soak and you can feel the difference. Like it when the fall- winter comes she likes that cooler air . Have to bump fuel up a tad denser aircharge ='s more air you have to compensate for the leaner condition. Seen o2's change 50- 80mv already as the temp has decreased about 15-20 degrees in the morning. That's what's nice about TT Chip you can bump up fuel a couple % without bumping the pressure on fuel reg. 1lb= around 1% change on Eric's chip otherwise I'd have to set FPR at 45-46LBs. and that works the fuel pump harder(higher pressure ='s decreased volume) it's better to adjust /change injector DC.

Back