You can type here any text you want

FS - 1989 Turbo Trans Am w/ 8k miles ( NY )

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TypeX

05' TSX owner
I'm posting this up for a Co-worker, his contact information is at the bottom of the post !

I'll check this thread periodically if you post up an Email account
The owner of the car isn't to "internet savy" lol So i'm doing all the leg work
----------------------------

1989 TURBO TRANS AM w/ Less than 8,000 Miles on it!!!!

Original Owner

The Good -

Super low miles
Owner is 50+ ( is getting older and wants something a little bigger )
PRISTINE CONDITION and 1 of 1555 ( there is a way to find out the ACTUAL number but he doesnt know what of what it is )
ORIGINAL DECALS and booklets STILL IN PACKAGES!!! never applied to the car!
EVEN HAS ORIGINAL TIRES ON IT !!!

The Bad -
Wing has some stress cracks from pressing down closing the trunk ( picture below )
Handle on Passenger door was recently replaced with oem parts ( exterior)
Passenger side was repainted ( front fender and door ) he lives in brooklyn, car is garaged and VERY tight fit, he had scraped some items in the garage

The Price........ $20,000 Negotiable....

Motor shot
IMG_0011.sized.jpg

Un Molested Dashboard
IMG_0015.sized.jpg

IMG_0016.sized.jpg

Leather is Nicer than some 2003's!!
IMG_0020.sized.jpg

IMG_0021.sized.jpg

Exterior Front
IMG_0026.sized.jpg

Contact information is as follows
Name - Anthony
Cell - (347) 414-4846
Location - Brooklyn , New York

:)

Rear Shot
IMG_0030.sized.jpg

Side Shot
IMG_0038.sized.jpg

IMG_0001.sized.jpg

Rims
IMG_0040.sized.jpg

Stereo in Trunk
IMG_0031.sized.jpg

* even i was surprised he had this setup lol

Stress damage on Wing
IMG_0007.sized.jpg

IMG_0006.sized.jpg

Badges...
IMG_0002.sized.jpg

and lastly... The proud Owner. ( not a paid actor ) lol

IMG_0027.sized.jpg

Questions

Why is there so much rust and dirt on a motor with less than 8,000 miles on it - did it sit outside? Why so few miles and how are the seals since it was driven so little. Is the a scratch on the passenger side door? How does it run - any 1/4 mile times? The trunk lid is way out of level, was it hit - did shutting it hard cause that kind of damage? Need more details.

ny tta

some tar on wheel well? Can you post VIN?
under carriage pics?

HOFSGNX said:
Why is there so much rust and dirt on a motor with less than 8,000 miles on it - did it sit outside? Why so few miles and how are the seals since it was driven so little. Is the a scratch on the passenger side door? How does it run - any 1/4 mile times? The trunk lid is way out of level, was it hit - did shutting it hard cause that kind of damage? Need more details.

The owner has liver problems and doesn't really sit outside detailing the car ( much less the motor). I'm 26 and a little more anal about my vehicles :)
The car is always taken to a specific mechanic and the dealer for any maint work and I'm sure during this they have checked the seals.
He's NEVER tracked it sadly, it took me over a month to get him to come to staten island to my house to take pictures of it. No Scratches on the door.
The rear was never hit in any way. The cracks occured before anthony and i worked together but he just stated they started out of nowhere, so i'm assuming its from closing it. We had gone to a party one day and i noticed him pushing it down when it has the mechanism that closes it for you when u push it down, so thats where i figured it was from.

If you need anything else specifically on it Give him a call the price is negotiable and his cell number is listed in the top post

- Mike

Veesixx said:
some tar on wheel well? Can you post VIN?
under carriage pics?

IMG_0022.sized.jpg

Here is the tirewet/road goo :)

IMG_0002.jpg

No under carriage pix sorry

If you PM me i'll send you the VIN

HOFSGNX said:

Just to help him out a little with the common TTA problems. The motor is a little dirty for 8k miles, but consider it's also an 89. The rust on the heat shield, bolts, and up pipe are pretty common because of the heat that goes through them. The trunk lid looks like the stops are out of adjustment a little. It also might need to be recentered a little better at the 4 bolts at the top. It doesn't look like it's actually tweaked at all but just needs a little bit of an adjustment.

72firebird said:
Just to help him out a little with the common TTA problems. The motor is a little dirty for 8k miles, but consider it's also an 89. The rust on the heat shield, bolts, and up pipe are pretty common because of the heat that goes through them. The trunk lid looks like the stops are out of adjustment a little. It also might need to be recentered a little better at the 4 bolts at the top. It doesn't look like it's actually tweaked at all but just needs a little bit of an adjustment.

Thanks! :cool:

Car is now in Michigan

The car safely made it to Michigan on a trailer and is being looked at by a local shop. Thanks Tony, and it was nice to meet you and your sister. I think the car will like it's new home where it can run free and feel the wind in her hair (T Roof will now be off - beach cruises to beautiful Lake MI).

Congrats!!!

I am happy for you, time to have fun!!
So, how much did you end up paying and how far did you have to go to pick it up. I am previous owner of a TTA, but had to sell it couple years ago. If everything goes well, I will have my second in a few days :smile:

Roy

Thanks

My brother and I did a 28 hour road trip from Michigan to Brooklyn and back. We trailered the car back behind my Ford F150 Supercrew. It was a long day but went pretty smooth considering. The car needs some clean-up and some work - A/C, Driver's side Leather seat needs some care (no holes just some scuffs on the left bolster), Exhaust will need replacement, figure out the slow turbo spool up compared to my Turbo T/GNX Clone (probably because it has a TE34 Turbo, TH 3" Downpipe and 2900rpm stall torque converter), oil all over the lower part of the motor - drips show-up at the Oil Pressure sending unit (probably from some place higher up), a fair amount of oil residue in the UP pipe and probably in the intercooler, repair work on the intercooler scoop, look into why shifting is much slower than my GNX clone (probably because the Buick has a higher stall TC and shift kit) and the tranny kind of doublechugs when you let off the accelerator and then get back on it slightly, repair slight stress cracks in nose and rear "bumper" as well as the spoiler, take off security system (do not need here in MI), find the original Spark Plug wires that say 20th anniversary TA - any tips/help with any of these items would be greatly appreciated - Car is bone stock and would like to not tear into it - bolt on bolt off add-ons only.

Back