You can type here any text you want

Fuel Feed to Both Sides of Fuel Rail

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TTipe

Snake Skinner
Does anyone have a recipe for feeding both sides of the fuel rail ? I'm wanting to disconnect at the driver side frame rail,and use braided fuel line to a "Y" underhood. I think this is a safety factor for pushing into the 10's.

Dual Fuel Feed

The return (at bottom of fuel reg) remains as is.The second feed attaches where the cap screws on for the schrader valve.The schrader valve has to be removed.

Fuel Dual Feed

Thanks for the responses.I'm hoping to find a system that does not include cutting up the rail.Feeding the rail from both sides will reduce leaning out.

Thanks for the responses.I'm hoping to find a system that does not include cutting up the rail.Feeding the rail from both sides will reduce leaning out.

Your fuel system needs more pump, the stock fuel lines and rails can easily support a GN well into the 9's.

Great thread started and i like your idea about feeding both sides of the fuel rail.The suggestions given by other members will help me also and i hope you all will keep posting some value able information here.. :)

Dual Feed Fuel Rail

Hey Nick thanks for the response.I'm trying to get a high 10 sec timeslip on the combo as listed.The car currently has a denso 280,improved fuel line from the pump to the fuel filter,Racetronix pump harness & hotwire,volt booster (15v in the tank at WOT) & 60 lb injectors.I estimate that static open injector flow is exceded by about 20% fuel volume.I'm concerned that with the OE feed on one side of the rail a leaning condition may exist on the other.My Innovate and wide band may only see what appears to be an averaging which could mask a leaning on the driver side of the rail.I can offset my fuel tolerance to compensate but I like real data not "racer dreamin".My shortblock is not forged so I have to take my time.Any comments that you have are greatly appreciated.

Does anyone have a recipe for feeding both sides of the fuel rail ? I'm wanting to disconnect at the driver side frame rail,and use braided fuel line to a "Y" underhood. I think this is a safety factor for pushing into the 10's.

yeah. My friend did that to my fuel rail. I can take some pics if you want. Just some braided steel Y fitting that feeds to both sides and the return is normal. Cost a few bucks, thats it.

Dump the volt booster if the pump is hot-wired. Dump the volt booster even if it isn't.

Wouldnt we all be suffering from a bank leaning out if this was an issue?

Nick's right, just make sure you have an adequate pump. I ran stock lines & Rail to 9.70's, Then upgraded to a 1/2" line but still have completely stock fuel rail. The car runs 9.30's now. Dual feeding the rail is completely unnessesary at your level.

Hey Nick thanks for the response.I'm trying to get a high 10 sec timeslip on the combo as listed........Any comments that you have are greatly appreciated.

We have many cars running 10's with the stock rail.

Into the 9's we prefer to modify the stock fuel rail to feed both sides.

The way we have done it is cut the fuel ends, including the regulator, and weld on -8 AN male fitting for the supply lines.

On the rail a male -6 fitting is welded on under the coil pack for a line to the remote mounted regulator. This has worked well for GN's into the low 9's.

How the regulator will work on the rail is not clear to me as it seems to defeat the purpose of feedin equal fuel to all the cylinders? :confused:

Dual Fuel Feed

Marleyskater thanks for the offer to send pics.It would also be helpful if I knew fitting sizes and vendors.Thanks all for the responses.

The stock fuel rail/ fuel line set up is more than enough for high 10's. IMO the saginaw fittings at the rail and filter are the restriction. Dual feeding with the factory fitting still in place at the filter will be a waste. Running an 8AN line to the rail and welding an 8AN fitting at the rail end should be more than enough volume to go deep in the 9's, no dual feeding needed.

I spent some time dual feeding my stock fuel rail last winter. After some thinking, it was a waste. I went 134mph with stock fuel lines and Saginaw fittings at the filter that had 1/8" openings (russell adapter fittings to add a stock filter to the 85 fuel lines)

Put a fuel pressure gauge on that is visible when driving. If the pressure is where it needs to be, then #1 is fine. If is is lower, then worry. If you have pressure, you have volume.

dual feed fuel

Thanks for the responses.I often wondered how restrictive the fuel filter and rail fittings were.I know there is a lot of restriction in the OE fuel line over on the DR side frame rail under the master cylinder.This is all in the name of a "NO KNOCK TUNE".I should have not allowed my enthusiasm to distract me from the science.I'm being cautious because I have a cast reciprocating asm which is balanced and a light weight converter (9.5" precision).

Back