You can type here any text you want

fuel issue

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

kraus

Well dynod my car today,wbo2 is going to 20.4 .Which is bad for sure,watch fuel gauge and fuel is not rising. I have a new fuel pump in by deuswerks. I am getting vaccum at regulator. So is it possible my aetomotive regulator is junk or pump not strong enough! Thanks in advance

Well pulled vaccum line on regulator. Watchwd gauge never moved up or down with it running.loosing screw or tighting gauge does nothing,so regulator i assume junk.

Pinch the rubber part of the return line,down by the frame where the steering box is mounted. Note and report fuel pressure.

We'll pinched it presure stayed same with vaccum and without it hooked up running. So what next...

We'll pinched it presure stayed same with vaccum and without it hooked up running. So what next...
Check wiring connections and voltage back at the tank. If everything looks good,drop the tank.

So you are think the brand new pump of two weeks is bad... Or what

Make sure the filter is flowing as well, i've had that issue befor from low fuel in the tank a few times

Voltage is good,all wiring is good.Pump was new not even 2 weeks of run time about 600 miles. Or are you thinking hose is bad or pump is not right. What i dont get is whybregulator dont go up with or without vaccum,and why when drive gauge never goes up when going into boost. Is pump just not flowing or what thonking.....

i would verify the voltage at the pump like stated before, also ohm the ground as well just to rule those two out.

Is the 39 with the vac line on or off?

Something doesn't jive. When you ran the adjuster on the FPR in and out it should have changed the pressure (assuming the gauge isn't stuck). That would indicated the adjustable fuel pressure regulator isn't exactly adjustable... Unless the pump pressure isn't great enough to unseat the diaphragm even with the help of engine vacuum.

When you pinched the return line the pressure should have spiked to the pump's relief valve pressure (minus pressure drop due to the lines and filter).

Voltage is good,all wiring is good.Pump was new not even 2 weeks of run time about 600 miles. Or are you thinking hose is bad or pump is not right. What i dont get is whybregulator dont go up with or without vaccum,and why when drive gauge never goes up when going into boost. Is pump just not flowing or what thonking.....
If you have voltage,we have to look in the tank and hope it's the hose. When you pinched the line.did you use some needle nose locking pliers? If you pinch the line and adjust the regulator and the pressure doesn't rise,it's because there isn't enough flow. Let's hope it's the hose or a wiring issue inside the tank.

Ac delco filter. Vise grips locking pliers did not spike . Presure doesnt go up with or without vaccum even under boost stays 39 . Idle staus 39 even turning screw in and almost all the way out. So i guess will drop tank.

What connects the pump to the hanger in the tank? A pulsator, a piece of 30R10 fuel injection hose rated for submersion, or a piece of 'hose that fits'?

Well tank is ouy hose that came with pump split wide open,so replaced hose with a high pressure piece and some new clamps. Pressure is back up and afjusts up and down again. Pull vaccum and and rises like should. So all is good,now for test drive....

Thanks guys

Back