You can type here any text you want

Fuel Line Hoses Questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BFlat

Dropping the tank for new fuel pump. Is it easiest to remove the rubber lines from the hard lines going to the front first, or should I lower the tank a bit and remove the hoses at the tank? Also, I’m guessing that the hoses shown in the attached are molded. Are new replacements available or should I leave them alone? Feel free to give me any other advice on dropping the (now empty) tank. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Gas Tank Hoses.jpg
    Gas Tank Hoses.jpg
    989 KB · Views: 9
I lower the tank and remove them from the sender. Highway stars is always good for oem equivalent replacement stuff.

Highway stars has them. Drop the tank & the lines(set of three) should have enough play to help ya remove hoses.

Don’t forget to replace the three above the passenger axle under the shield whilst the tank is out.

I bought the multi-fuel lines at NAPA. I think there are 3 different sizes used, 3/8 to 1/4.

Thanks for the replies. 87 Turbo T, the molded hoses above the shield are what's pictured in my attachment. They look like they're in great shape. I'm tempted to leave them. Can't decide. Love the car. Still has the GM label on the pump wiring harness. Tank straps look like new but they're still attached with the factory staples.

Thanks for the replies. 87 Turbo T, the molded hoses above the shield are what's pictured in my attachment. They look like they're in great shape. I'm tempted to leave them. Can't decide. Love the car. Still has the GM label on the pump wiring harness. Tank straps look like new but they're still attached with the factory staples.
For me it would depend on the age of the rubber.

If they are original or you think they are, REPLACE them! Especially while you already have the tank down. You don't "need' The highway stars stuff but it does support a supporting vendor. Rubber or rubber like lines are getting 40 yrs old now and with the ethanol it is time. You know you don't want to drop that tank again.

Back