fuel lines

1kwick6

anybody ever had fuel line rust out and go to leaking, well i did and it was the line over the rear end that goes from the filter back to the tank,PITA to get off had to destroy it to get it out, now all i have to do is fiqure out how to fix it.

You have 2 options. First get the replacement steel bent lines above and install. You can however use the alternate method. Above the tank there are 3 connections made with rubber hose. Your steel line runs up here. Remove the steel line. At your local parts store you can purchase a brase hose barab that fits your stock fuel filter. Take it in to match up. Most advance, autozone and peps carry these fuel system repair parts. Also you will need to get flexible fuel line. However be very careful on this. There is regular fuel line and fuel injection fuel line. Make sure you get the fuel injection fuel line. Usually has 100 psi pressure rating I beleive. You then just rerun the line from the tank above your gas tank where the rubber line is to your barb on your filter. Hope this helps. P.S. make sure you use 2 hose clamps on each end. Also recommend if they have fuel injections hose clamps, get them too.