You can type here any text you want

fuel pressure/ fuse / ISSUES *** HELP PLEASE ***

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ttaowner

I have 2 cars with no fuel pressure. car #1 is my we4 car #2 is my 86 t type.

let start with my we4 back at thanksgiving i was driving the car and i got on it and it died and i towed the car home and it sat for a few weeks and i was sick and the weather got cold. when i got better i discovered i had no fuel pressure so i checked the fuse which APPEARED to be ok. i changed the relay on the passenger side fender,checked the fuse in the hotwire kit and it was ok, well tonight i changed the ecm and still no pressure.i checked the fuses again tonight and the fp fuse in the fusebox was blown and i changed it again with another 20 amp fuse and it blew again i changed it again with a 30 amp and blew a 3rd time. the fuel pump was new from full throttle in august/september? and i had these problems 2 months later? any ideas?

car #2 with 86 t type i parked about a year ago with some issues and when the last time it ran it just unexpectedly died and i never touched the car for quite a few months and i the mean time i put a good tranny and exhaust in the car along with some other stuff and when i went to start it no fuel pressure. i tried the relay on the fenderwell,swapped the ecm. i checked the fuses and even had my buddy probe the fuse box to confirm that ther was no issue there,i thought maybe the fuel pump was no good so i swapped the whole tank,sending unit and pump from a known good car and still no luck! i get power to the relay but nothing from the relay to the tank? this car has no hotwire in it, how do i fix this car?

i am not good with the wiring stuff but i really would like to get my cars running again please help

I had the same issue as problem #1 . Kept blowing the fp. fuse . Ended up being the plug for the oil press. sender was unplugged and grounding out on the block . Resecured the plug so it couldnt contact any other metal and problem solved .

I have also heard of it being plugged in and having the same issue . I believe it ended up being a shorted switch .

On the we4 I unplugged the oil pressure switch and still blowing fuses. Also unplugged hotwire kit and just plugged in fuel pump direct and still blowing fuses. I was told also check out the injector harness as it could be shorting out. I still have to check that out! Anymore ideas?

live wire

I had the same thing happen to a customers car the wire on the oil pressure sender uint wes touching the block it had no plug end on it . Looks like you have a live wire toucking the frame some were .Did you look in the trunk on the drivers side to see if theres a wire off.

Might want to check the fuel pump prime wire. It's on the driver's side, near exhaust manifold. I've seen this fall on to the manifold, burn thru, short out. On the T-type, have you checked for power at the sending unit in the rear of the car? Phil.

What about unplugging the pump and see if the fuse still blows? Just putting that out there.

Unplugging the injector harness behind the coil pack will split the circuit in two and help analyze the problem.

If the fuse holds it's in the injector harness if it blows it's in the fuel pump wiring.

The wires can easily short inside the rubber plug to the oil pressure switch or hit metal tape the socket up good and tie it safely somewhere.

Car number two may have a break in the wiring which is a crappy solid wire in the stock system, or a bad ground etc.

I can help ya out sometime this weekend and get my parts bought if you still have them. :p

I've got the meter and service manual and a degree. ;)

Salvagev6 your parts are still Here
Please Help me get these cars running and you can have the parts free!!!!! Wiring is my weakness and it frustrates me. Both cars are inside and i have lights and tools just no skills on fixing these kind of problems

If you have lights and some heat, I can do it after work. 4:45pm on the way home

Or sunday is wide open.

I work cheap. :p

If you have lights and some heat, I can do it after work. 4:45pm on the way home

Or sunday is wide open.

I work cheap. :p

Im right on route 5 next to the old harte chevy dealership. Bring your volt meter and your books. You can come by whenever you want! Just call me or pm or text and let me know you want to do this. It is warm in there because the furnace for the upstairs is in my unit so it never really gets that cold in there.

Back