fuel pressure will not rise for ****...OMG WHAT??

SIXBANGR said:
had this problem this years ago turned out to be the filter

kinda LMAOOO..I changed mine not too long ago..but ya know what?? ya never know, im about to change that again when I get under there again and drop the tank and check all these other freakin things :confused: lol

thx again

jojo

Ok....now im freaking confused.....I fixed the problem dammit, and thx for all the feed back and responses I got with this problem..

But the Culprit still remains, even though I believe my fuel pressure problem is fixed..I didnt hook it up to a manual pressure gauge on the rail and take it out for a run to see if the pressure is rising since the so called fix over the weekend. What I did do was the same thing I always do when test/tuning my car from the scanmaster readings under load/boost.

From about three years or more ago I first noticed the problem leaning out on the scanmaster 02s when taking her out for random blasts to keep the car in tune. This was when I was running the 42.5# inj green stripes in there. Kinda interesting, actually at about 22-23# of boost the 02s would not go above 740-750, technically enough inj. with the Wal 340 to push fuel to the front of the car. So I replaced everything pump, and always the Accufab regulator, fuel filter (always an autozone Duetch brand). So after no luck with 02s going up with these changes and the 42.5#s still in the car, I switched them out thinking I wasnt getting enough injector. Well?? after the switching to the 65# mototrons, the same problem occured at the same boost levels 740, 730, 750s ect.. nothing above 760 :confused: . So over the weekend I didnt it again after all the frustration of course with testing the regulator ect.. and checking for other leaks ect.. ect...To make a long story short....I bought a brand new after market replacment fuel tank..why???? I still dont know, and because I tried/looked just about everywhere else for the culprit. Along the new fuel tank (pretty sweet looking to :D ) I replaced the pump again with another 340, the fuel filter, and the regulator..Anyway the bottom line is I still dont know what the culprit was to this day!! after changing these four items on the car, except now?? im running the same boost as before 25-26# with alky of course and a splash (20$) of 100 oct unleaded and the rest 91, and the readings on the 02s??? nothing under 790-800 :eek: So????? tell me wtf was this whole headache for??? after exchanging these four items again.. Could it be this time I ran a delco fuel filter instead of the autozone special?? or maybe the new regulator was the billet one from full throttle speed instead of the Accufab one??? or the new fuel tank?? for some odd reason, and this may sound strange to most of you, but makes somewhat of sense to me..The new fuel tank and a clean up of the float to measure how much fuel is in the tank was cleaned up a put back on, I always used to have innacurrate fuel reading from inside the car..ie the tank would read 3/4 after I filled it up or the other way around..it would read lower, like a half a tank, when I actually could have had less?? maybe under a quarter?? and running boost, thus burning out the fuel pumps each time, but not enough to cause problems under normal driving conditions, but instead? just frigg it up to the point where it would perform under load?? I dont know personally. But it appears from the 02s that the problem is fixed. BTW I use the translator box and have it set to number one on the WOT richness, opposed to where I used to have it set at number 7 (14%) richness and the 02s still wouldnt come above 750-760..Now set an number one they dont drop below 790 :confused: :confused: I dunno...Food for thought for the rest of the guys that hopefully dont run into the same problem and chase it around for a long time with on and off testing/tuning and still cannot find the culprit. Like I said I still dont know which the culprit was after replacing all four things at once..Well?? one at a time...LOL and I guess I will never know which it was.

Thx again for all the replies, and hopefully this will be of some help to the next unfortunate victim of this menacing situation.

jojo