You can type here any text you want

Fuel Pump/ECM

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tb101

I am having fuel pump issues. I have replaced all relays and the fuel pump and installed a new hotwire kit. Sometimes my fuel pump wan't come on when I try to start the car. If I disconnect the orange ECM wire and then reconnect it the fuel pump will come on. Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Afuse isnt a relay, check the fusebox and check for the FP/INJ fuse i think its a 15 amp also.. Check the oil pressure sending unit make sure the wires aren't grounding out when your driving or when you turn on the car. Sometimes the rubber deteriorates that hold plug and wires apart its located on passenger side on the block basically where the stock feed for the turbo is located you should see the oil sensor and the plug

Thanks. I checked all fuses. I also just checked the Oil pressure sending unit.

Thanks. I checked all fuses. I also just checked the Oil pressure sending unit.

If your still having problems you need to start from the pump follow the wiring and see what's wrong.., did you change the fuel pump because of this problem? also have you changed your filter?

Yes I changed the pump because of this problem. I also have a new fuel filter installed also.

Check your grounds, Do you have a spare ecm?, you can try swapping with a known good ecm,

I have checked some grounds....what are the location of grounds i need to check? I dont have a spare ECM and the local part store has to special order it..takes 4 days to get it

dont get it from your local parts store.. either nos4gn.com or check the parts section.. where are you located?

Ok, just for clarification how are you concluding the fuel pump isnt working by ear? is there no pressure at the line? Have you checked for any fuel leaks? you can check the plug in the back and verify if the pump is getting 12 volts with ign on..

I can hear the pump come on ( whenever it does decide to work) and I also have a fuel psi gauge that's connected to the fuel rail. I have a new hotwire kit installed and its getting the 12 volts. No signs of a fuel leak....

You can purchase a braided fuel line, 3 or 4 feet long to relocate your fuel rail gauge to the windshield so you can observe it while you are cranking.

Sometimes my fuel pump wan't come on when I try to start the car. If I disconnect the orange ECM wire and then reconnect it the fuel pump will come on.

You probably found your culprit then. Sounds like theres a break in the orange ECM wire thats giving you an intermittent connection to the ECM every time you move it around to disconnect/reconnect it. No ECM power = no fuel pump power.

With key on, engine off the SES light should blink and then stay on...if it doesn't there's no power to the ECM. Try jiggling the wire around (with key on, eng off) and see if the pump comes on.

When I first bought my car, the orange ECM wire was taped in place to the fender so it would not move around...it was broken internally and the previous owner found the "sweet spot" for it to work.

You probably found your culprit then. Sounds like theres a break in the orange ECM wire thats giving you an intermittent connection to the ECM every time you move it around to disconnect/reconnect it. No ECM power = no fuel pump power.

With key on, engine off the SES light should blink and then stay on...if it doesn't there's no power to the ECM. Try jiggling the wire around (with key on, eng off) and see if the pump comes on.

When I first bought my car, the orange ECM wire was taped in place to the fender so it would not move around...it was broken internally and the previous owner found the "sweet spot" for it to work.
ok sounds like a great lead....what did you do to fix it

Back