You can type here any text you want

Fuel pump hot wire kit routing

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BOP4ever

How the heck do you get the wire safety past the rear axle !!

I don't see where it wont get in the way of something !!!

Caspers kit nice parts but instructions are lacking !

The relay is to fat to get around things... I might should have started at the back and worked forward but I figure Id try following the instructions !

Please help !

Between the coil spring and the frame ???
what did you tie it too ???
Drill holes in the frame ??

Zip ties. Don't install the relay until you have the wires all the way to the back bumper.

I started at the tank

and went forward. I ran the powerwire inside of the frame. Use a coathanger from in front of the axle to the rear. you will have to fish around a little.

Ok I went and started at the tank and it went much better. I found I could go between the bracing that the upper coils seat in and th eupper arms attach to and the body with the fuse side. It went really fast I stopped after getting that far. I didn't think about fishing it through the frame.... That may be a better way.

Thanks for helping me get unstuck guys !

I tied wrapped Racetronix Hotwire on the driver side frame, rear just before the wheel well. At this point I cut the 10 gauge wire, using a wire hanger I pass the wire through the pre-hole frame opening before the wheel well, around the tire frame and then pass to other side right next to the gas tank. I place a shrinking tubing one side of the wire and then splice both wires together using uninsulated stak-on. Solder both joints and place the shrinking tubing over the solder joint and heat the tubing until it shrink making it weather proof.

Replying to "just plain john" on routing HotWire Kit

The engine bay is simple, once you connect the back of the alternator, tied wrap the cable harness to the brake tubing line located on the driver side fender and then continue down following the brake tubing line. The HotWire harness cable has a white label attached to it, now follow that cable.

Attachments

• Hotwire Kit 001.jpg
    Hotwire Kit 001.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 474
  • Hotwire Kit 002.jpg
    Hotwire Kit 002.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 340
I pulled the wire into the passenger compartment through the hole that the shifter cable runs through. I then cut the wire and placed a 20amp toggle switch in-line and safely hid said switch. Any time the car is out of my sight the fuel pump is switched off. Not perfect protection but one more hoop for a would-be creep to jump through when (not if) someone gets froggy.

I routed it through the frame and everything is working. Gained almost 3 psi line off after the upgrade ! Ran a test and o2
s were solid at .770-.790 set at 45 psi line off.
Thanks

I pulled the wire into the passenger compartment through the hole that the shifter cable runs through. I then cut the wire and placed a 20amp toggle switch in-line and safely hid said switch. Any time the car is out of my sight the fuel pump is switched off. Not perfect protection but one more hoop for a would-be creep to jump through when (not if) someone gets froggy.

Mine is run much the same way. It goes into the passenger compartment and runs under the carpet near the door sill alongside wiring for amps in the trunk. It hits a 30 amp relay in the trunk and then down to the pump.

Back